VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:59:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gonzaga 73...Lady Vols 72...FINAL*  (Read 733 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2022, 11:05:25 EST »

`
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 03:20:46 EST »

I read this is the first time since 80-81 season the LVs have started 2-4.....There was some bad coaching and execution down the stretch.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 04:40:28 EST »

I hate to say it, but I think we're witnessing the death spiral of Kellie. I said when she was hired that I didn't think she was the right person for the job but I hoped she succeeded. I think everyone has held out hope that she will succeed because she's one of Pat's girls and she's basically a hometown girl. But it just ain't there.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 06:37:48 EST »

I hate to say it, but I think we're witnessing the death spiral of Kellie. I said when she was hired that I didn't think she was the right person for the job but I hoped she succeeded. I think everyone has held out hope that she will succeed because she's one of Pat's girls and she's basically a hometown girl. But it just ain't there.

Phil succumbed to the LV mafia when he made that hire. Hopefully White will stick to his guns when he has to find a replacement.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 05:01:17 EST »

Phil succumbed to the LV mafia when he made that hire. Hopefully White will stick to his guns when he has to find a replacement.

Based on things I've heard and read Fulmer didn't want to hire Kellie and he had bigger plans but as you said the LV mafia won out....You could pretty much tell in her intro presser Fulmer wasn't all happy with glee. I think he found out during that hire he didn't have much say so...

If nothing else she needs to be made to fire her husband and hire a offensive coach....I've yet to understand what he does....They say he's a post coach but we are awful there and Key regresses every year...They say those 2 female coaches are big recruiters but I read this morning since they have been here they have brought in 1 HS player and 1 walkon.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 05:09:23 EST »

It's time for the alpha-females of the Lady Vol mafia to understand that in their zealousness to protect it from what they perceive as "men-sports-first" threats, they're neutering the very program they claim to love. And it's time for an AD to neuter the LVM. Hopefully Danny White is that guy.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 05:28:51 EST »

If a new hire had to be made tomorrow, I guarantee that from certain quarters there would be a big push for Kyra Elzy, even though her HC record is not a whole lot better than Kellie’s when she was hired. They’ll never look outside the “family”. They should know by now that there’s never going to be another Pat, no matter how many of her former players they put in that chair.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 05:31:24 EST »

Hm.  I get the impression Kellie may be distracted by having young children. Didn't know her husband was on her staff (isn't that nepotism?   ).  That would seem even worse on her time management.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 08:00:44 EST »

I think until Ralph Weekley retired UT had the record for husband/wife head coaching duos.

And here is the deal...Kellie's husband doesn't answer to her he answers to the AD.....Yeah right, on paper he does.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:02:57 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 07:57:07 EST »

And here is the deal...Kellie's husband doesn't answer to her he answers to the AD.....Yeah right, on paper he does.

Does anyone NOT answer to their wife?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 01:25:54 EST »

Does anyone NOT answer to their wife?   
Monks? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: