VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:04:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could our second 5 beat our starting 5?  (Read 447 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2023, 07:04:40 EST »

Key
Santi
Phillips
ONK
Uros

vs.

ZZ
Mashak
JJJ
Awaka
Aidoo

Granted, there are some caveats in that 2nd group. JJJ is still working his way back to full time minutes. ZZ is only there because he prefers to come off the bench.

Still, that’s some ridiculous depth. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 06:34:39 EST »

Yes that is impressive, and most of them are getting meaningful playing time also, which is pretty amazing.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 07:27:37 EST »

Hard question. And a good one to boot.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 07:40:01 EST »

Hard question. And a good one to boot.

As currently constructed, I’d probably place my money on the 2nd group in a controlled scrimmage. All 5 of those guys are elite defenders.

If it’s crunch time and I want my best 5 on the floor (notwithstanding specific matchups, foul trouble, etc.), I’d take ZZ, JJJ, and Aidoo from the bench to go with Santi and ONK.

Consider that our starting PG (Key) is probably only our 3rd best at the position. ZZ only comes off the bench because he prefers it that way, and Santi is so good off the ball that it actually hurts us offensively to take him out of the SG role.

Going forward, I’d like to see Awaka get some of Uros’ minutes.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 08:58:55 EST »

As currently constructed, I’d probably place my money on the 2nd group in a controlled scrimmage. All 5 of those guys are elite defenders.

If it’s crunch time and I want my best 5 on the floor (notwithstanding specific matchups, foul trouble, etc.), I’d take ZZ, JJJ, and Aidoo from the bench to go with Santi and ONK.

Consider that our starting PG (Key) is probably only our 3rd best at the position. ZZ only comes off the bench because he prefers it that way, and Santi is so good off the ball that it actually hurts us offensively to take him out of the SG role.

Going forward, I’d like to see Awaka get some of Uros’ minutes.

I agree...I do see value in Uros due to his size. At 7 foot he's a needed presence at times like against the Vandy big man. Just never know which Uros will show up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: