VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 01:29:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Creek leave the board?  (Read 1244 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2023, 09:41:40 EST »

Looks like he deactivated his account.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 09:54:27 EST »

No way!  Surely not...
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 10:03:26 EST »

I blame SmokeyJoe for dun runnin’ em off!

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 10:21:43 EST »

If so I hate to hear that. Good poster.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 10:23:47 EST »

If so I hate to hear that. Good poster.

Is he a blogger or something similar?  Always seem to have good info. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 10:26:07 EST »

Is he a blogger or something similar?  Always seem to have good info. 
he writes for the Oneida paper (consider him extremely knowledgeable on HS sports) and he does have a blog
When I get home I’ll post a link

Ben is a good writer

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 10:31:24 EST »

he writes for the Oneida paper (consider him extremely knowledgeable on HS sports) and he does have a blog
When I get home I’ll post a link

Ben is a good writer

Very good writer..
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 11:29:24 EST »

I blame SmokeyJoe for dun runnin’ em off!

I went to his Twitter & asked him to come back. As far as internet kerfluffles go that was pretty lame. I think he felt aggrieved because I got the "last word" and the thread was locked rather than deleted. IMO just delete threads that go against the rules.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 11:38:59 EST »

I really don't give a fizzle what anybody thinks about anything other than Vol sports, and I'm sure the board would feel likewise with my random social/political commentary  There is just no need for it. This is a Vol board, and to a lesser extent a general sports board. Awfully thin skinned on his part imo.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 12:41:01 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 12:00:53 EST »

And so any way, the thread was started with a bleeped curse word about Ronald Reagan's home state   & the implication they had banned tailgating for the national championship game, when in fact it was the CFA or whoever runs the playoff. I pointed that out with a link confirming as much, and it went from there getting progressively more contentious which things can do if there are differing views, even one. I realize I am in the vast minority of social/political views on the board. I should have let the lie/fake news stand.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 01:09:37 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 12:40:47 EST »

And so any way the thread was started with a bleeped curse word about Ronald Reagan's home state   & the implication they had banned tailgating for the national championship game, when in fact it was the CFA or whoever runs the playoff. I pointed that out with a link confirming as much, and it went from there getting progressively more contentious which things can do if there are differing views, even one. I realize I am in the vast minority of social/political views on the board. I should have let the lie/fake news stand.
What is interesting is that the stadium site for the Orange Bowl stated NO TAILGAING ALLOWED
Yet people were tailgating everywhere in the parking lots
Given that HRS is literally in the middle of nowhere (hey, a Walmart was a mile away, pretty much where the Uber drop off/pickup was) that was a good call not to enforce it

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 01:06:22 EST »

My in-laws lived 9 miles from Joe Robbie Stadium...aka Pro Player Stadium...aka Dolphins Stadium...aka Land Shark Stadium...aka Sun Life Stadium....now known as Hard Rock Stadium...LOL....Went there a few times and played golf many times about 5 miles from there.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 03:14:56 EST »

My in-laws lived 9 miles from Joe Robbie Stadium...aka Pro Player Stadium...aka Dolphins Stadium...aka Land Shark Stadium...aka Sun Life Stadium....now known as Hard Rock Stadium...LOL....Went there a few times and played golf many times about 5 miles from there.

I’ve probably mentioned before, but one of my good friends at work is an NFL REF.  I went to see the Vikes-Fins game down there in December a few years back and got 4 free tix from him.  We went with a neighbor couple and stayed at a nice resort near FtL, and played golf the day before the game.  I found the stadium to be pretty nice and the fans were just so nice and friendly.  We had a great time and the weather was awesome.  As it turned out this year, I got 2 free tix to his playoff game, NYGiants at the Vikings.  It was a great atmosphere and exciting game, even though the Vikes lost.  It was my second visit to US Bank Stadium, but the first time with tons of snow on the ground.  It seemed like half the gates were closed due to the snow, or whatever- so getting into and out of the venue was a nightmare this time.  It was especially hard on me because I am mobility limited with 2 really bad knees and a much worse hip.  Oh man, that was torture for me. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 03:19:50 EST »

Really surprised he'd leave over that thread!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 04:09:49 EST »

I’ve probably mentioned before, but one of my good friends at work is an NFL REF.  I went to see the Vikes-Fins game down there in December a few years back and got 4 free tix from him.  We went with a neighbor couple and stayed at a nice resort near FtL, and played golf the day before the game.  I found the stadium to be pretty nice and the fans were just so nice and friendly.  We had a great time and the weather was awesome.  As it turned out this year, I got 2 free tix to his playoff game, NYGiants at the Vikings.  It was a great atmosphere and exciting game, even though the Vikes lost.  It was my second visit to US Bank Stadium, but the first time with tons of snow on the ground.  It seemed like half the gates were closed due to the snow, or whatever- so getting into and out of the venue was a nightmare this time.  It was especially hard on me because I am mobility limited with 2 really bad knees and a much worse hip.  Oh man, that was torture for me. 
JRS is a nice stadium
The escalators to the 300 level concourse alone makes it great to me
The concessions areas were nice as well
The departure was fantastic with the feeds to the Fl Turnpike (we stayed in the FtL area as well 20 min to and from the stadium)
Far, Far, FAR superior to the dumps in Jax and in Nashville

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 07:04:04 EST »

Sad to hear he left

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 04:19:10 EST »

Really surprised he'd leave over that thread!

I'm not surprised too much, I like to come here and catch up on the Vols AND get away from the partisan political mess you find everywhere else. That thread was very disappointing to see

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 04:51:49 EST »

I'm not surprised too much, I like to come here and catch up on the Vols AND get away from the partisan political mess you find everywhere else. That thread was very disappointing to see

I went to his Twitter & apologized to him and told him how valued he was as a contributor on the board. I don't know what else to do. It was terribly disappointing both ways. I should have passed over it.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 07:45:19 EST »

I went to his Twitter & apologized to him and told him how valued he was as a contributor on the board. I don't know what else to do. It was terribly disappointing both ways. I should have passed over it.

I imagine you already knew this, but I was just kiddin ya about the run off thing.  I think there have been a few threads where Creek got a little frustrated with some posts here and there - my posts a few times to boot.  He seemed a little on edge at times, but that is just like, my opinion, man.  I try real hard to resist entering the fray on political posts.  I am usually successful at that.  I still have to say Cali is run by a bunch of ninnies!     I lived there in the late 90s and it was much nicer then than it is now, but again, JMO.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2023, 08:09:19 EST »

I imagine you already knew this, but I was just kiddin ya about the run off thing.  I think there have been a few threads where Creek got a little frustrated with some posts here and there - my posts a few times to boot.  He seemed a little on edge at times, but that is just like, my opinion, man.  I try real hard to resist entering the fray on political posts.  I am usually successful at that.  I still have to say Cali is run by a bunch of ninnies!     I lived there in the late 90s and it was much nicer then than it is now, but again, JMO.
Come on man!
It wasn't like you were near any little old ladies from Pasadena
Or for that matter near any uga frat girls after a bottle of (very smooth) Tequila

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2023, 08:28:05 EST »

No worries. I figured you were teasing/joking.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 09:20:03 EST »

Come on man!
It wasn't like you were near any little old ladies from Pasadena
Or for that matter near any uga frat girls after a bottle of (very smooth) Tequila

That was the great thing about that thread in that it reminded me of that hilarious golf outing.  I keep saying I need to write these things down before I forget them, but I guess they are getting preserved here!  I hope y'all are backing this sucker up! 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 06:36:11 EST »

Yeah, really nothing good comes from it.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 07:15:22 EST »

Technically we do have a board for that, but I doubt its been used in several years 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: