VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 12:38:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Kansas City.  (Read 775 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2023, 07:26:30 EST »

It was 8 flipping degrees this morning here..

This place is Super Bowl crazy right now. We saw a lot of sad looking Bengal fans yesterday waiting to catch flights back to Ohio....Go Chefs.

I came up here with my wife who has a meeting at her companies Corp office...Been here in KC many times over the years...The worst part about coming here is trying to work in all the good eating places....Is eating BBQ for breakfast and lunch then eating a good KC steak for dinner bad for you? 

I talked to Treys Dad at length here in KC yesterday before he headed back to West Tn....The wife and me laughed at him telling us that he got his plane tickets to Arizona for the Super Bowl a good while back...but got them refundable in case the Chefs didn't make it. Lol
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 09:44:20 EST »

It was 8 flipping degrees this morning here..

This place is Super Bowl crazy right now. We saw a lot of sad looking Bengal fans yesterday waiting to catch flights back to Ohio....Go Chefs.

I came up here with my wife who has a meeting at her companies Corp office...Been here in KC many times over the years...The worst part about coming here is trying to work in all the good eating places....Is eating BBQ for breakfast and lunch then eating a good KC steak for dinner bad for you? 

I talked to Treys Dad at length here in KC yesterday before he headed back to West Tn....The wife and me laughed at him telling us that he got his plane tickets to Arizona for the Super Bowl a good while back...but got them refundable in case the Chefs didn't make it. Lol

I wonder when Trey's rookie contract expires? He should make quite a bit more on the next contract. I love a good success story. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:07:17 EST »

I believe they are 3-4 years and can't be renegotiated until after their 3rd year...Trey is on his 2nd year. Getting drafted low cost him several million. If he can stay healthy he will  make it big...but won't make up for the first 3 years.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 10:40:47 EST »

I thought he was in year three. I'm aware he was drafted low. Should be in good shape to make more if he stays healthy.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 12:29:23 EST »

Got curious & had to look it up. Granted by NFL superstar comparison it's low, but I doubt you or I know anyone that makes anywhere near what he has made:

2020 - $660k
2021 - $825k
2022 - $940k
2023 - 1.06 million

They only guaranteed $131k. So they really took his health into account there. If he has lived frugally at all he should have $1million in the bank & poised to make a lot more. He should never hurt for money. At a minimum he can coach. If he chose to live on $300k year 1, $400k year 2, $500k year 3, $700k in year 4 that's still money 98% of us could only dream of. He ain't poor  
Team probably has an option on year four, but I'd say he is a lock. I heard his name at least once on Sunday. I think he played the whole game. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 12:31:47 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 12:33:18 EST »

Those NFL "poor" guys probably make the obnoxiously wealthy players pay for group gatherings/parties!  
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 03:53:12 EST »

Trey is in his 2nd season with KC.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 04:45:21 EST »

Trey is in his 2nd season with KC.

Correct. My bad. That one website had that wrong. The money is about the same. Not going to redo that post  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/trey-smith-72610/cash-earnings/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 04:47:22 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 07:47:22 EST »

My company opened a new facility in KC last year and I've been doing some travelling there also.

I asked for BBQ joint recommendations... And after literally being flooded with a list of at least 30, I landed on Jack Stacks downtown.  Burnt ends were amazing.

And you're right, they are absolutely nutty about their Chiefs.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 05:36:44 EST »

My company opened a new facility in KC last year and I've been doing some travelling there also.

I asked for BBQ joint recommendations... And after literally being flooded with a list of at least 30, I landed on Jack Stacks downtown.  Burnt ends were amazing.

And you're right, they are absolutely nutty about their Chiefs.

Stacks is a good place for sure...We normally stay downtown and where I am now so it's convenient...Country Club Plaza has some good eating places but the off the wall places are better IMO...Over the years KC has become our home away from home with my wife's Corp office in the United States located here....Her world Corp office is in Australia.....that's a nice little trip too. Lol
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 09:22:50 EST »

Stacks is a good place for sure...We normally stay downtown and where I am now so it's convenient...Country Club Plaza has some good eating places but the off the wall places are better IMO...Over the years KC has become our home away from home with my wife's Corp office in the United States located here....Her world Corp office is in Australia.....that's a nice little trip too. Lol

Yeah I agree, those off the wall places are more my style too.  One I tried near our new facility in north KC was Scott's Kitchen.  I'd love to have some right now!

KC Airport is a little wonky for such a big city (I'm assuming it's a pretty big city, haven't looked it up)

I'd love to go to Australia!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 09:50:30 EST »

Australia is a nice trip, though one with almost 24 hours to get there and 200+ to get back.

When I go to Sidney we usually stay in the Circular Quay area, which is near (easy walking distance) the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and The Rocks (lot of good places to eat there)
Highly recommend playing tourist and going through the Opera House, taking a harbour tour and for nostalgia go over to their maritime museum (light rail) and tour the Vampire (DD) and the old sub (did that tour with a "recovering SWO" coworker and was the best tour of a ship ever!).

Also recommend getting an Opal card. Trains, busses and light rail are all swipe on/swipe off

Also been to Melbourne, (cool place), Brisbane (meh) and Williamtown (there be F-35s there!)
But the main place we visit is just under a 2 hour train ride NW of Sidney City Centre

Hope to go back one more time before I retire

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 05:11:15 EST »

Yeah I agree, those off the wall places are more my style too.  One I tried near our new facility in north KC was Scott's Kitchen.  I'd love to have some right now!

KC Airport is a little wonky for such a big city (I'm assuming it's a pretty big city, haven't looked it up)

I'd love to go to Australia!

They are getting ready to open up a new part of the airport...KC is the largest city in Missouri.....Around 2.5 million metro and 580,000 in the city...Have not tried Scott's Kitchen.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 05:46:57 EST »

Australia is a nice trip, though one with almost 24 hours to get there and 200+ to get back.

When I go to Sidney we usually stay in the Circular Quay area, which is near (easy walking distance) the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and The Rocks (lot of good places to eat there)
Highly recommend playing tourist and going through the Opera House, taking a harbour tour and for nostalgia go over to their maritime museum (light rail) and tour the Vampire (DD) and the old sub (did that tour with a "recovering SWO" coworker and was the best tour of a ship ever!).

Also recommend getting an Opal card. Trains, busses and light rail are all swipe on/swipe off

Also been to Melbourne, (cool place), Brisbane (meh) and Williamtown (there be F-35s there!)
But the main place we visit is just under a 2 hour train ride NW of Sidney City Centre

Hope to go back one more time before I retire

Wife's company world headquarters is in Melbourne.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2023, 10:27:07 EST »

You are spot on about KC's airport. It's super funky, but the new terminal should fix that whenever it comes online.

I'm a huge fan of Q39, but Jack's Stack is also good.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: