VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:08:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm glad I wasn't home to watch that....  (Read 911 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2023, 03:07:42 EST »

How does that happen?
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 03:11:09 EST »

Long, quick, athletic teams with a good big man seem to always give us trouble.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 04:51:31 EST »

Wasn’t able to watch, but I’m not shocked. UF had been playing really well before their loss last Saturday. Can’t take road games for granted in this league. Rest of the schedule doesn’t get any easier.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 10:22:33 EST »

I'm not alarmed if we learn. Hoops offers plenty of mulligans. However, we need Phillips to become a consistent factor from 10 feet in to make a run.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 09:03:53 EST »

I'm not alarmed if we learn. Hoops offers plenty of mulligans. However, we need Phillips to become a consistent factor from 10 feet in to make a run.

Phillips definitely needs for the light to come on.  The 1 & 2 positions are very thin. Phillips could definitely help take pressure off Zieglar & Vescovi to score.  I feel we need another marksman from 3pt.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 10:55:50 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 11:10:56 EST »

Not surprised at all....If this team isn't on this kind of thing will happen. I've never been as high as some are on this team....They just lost to a very average team....I won't be shocked to see them make a early exit in March getting beat just like last night.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 05:04:49 EST »

Not surprised at all....If this team isn't on this kind of thing will happen. I've never been as high as some are on this team....They just lost to a very average team....I won't be shocked to see them make a early exit in March getting beat just like last night.

I think you are right on.  Maybe this can be used by coach Barnes as a lesson to help prevent it from happening come tourney time.  I kinda assume it will happen again before the SECT.  We'll see.  Today's game vs Bruce will be so key to getting back on track, which is important.  Thank goodness we are at home.  Then we have to go to Vandy, have a good Mizzou team at home (thank goodness again!)  After that we have the HUGE one vs Bammer at home and then payback at RUpp.  It would be AWESOME to run that table.  We can slip up again after that     Before UF, we were flirting with a #1 seed.  I suppose we are still in that hunt, but can't afford too many more "foul-ups".  A number one would go a long way to help us avoid those damn bracket busters we seem to ALWAYS draw come tourney time.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 06:36:01 EST »

Expect them to look better and win today...But this team has had wakeup loses this season but it doesn't wake them up for very long and they have another stinker...A great team doesn't lose to a average UF team and look like total crap doing it....This team has no alpha dog...like Grant or Admiral types that put the team on their backs and refuses to go down....IMO....it will get them early on in the NCAAs.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 10:22:03 EST »

Expect them to look better and win today...But this team has had wakeup loses this season but it doesn't wake them up for very long and they have another stinker...A great team doesn't lose to a average UF team and look like total crap doing it....This team has no alpha dog...like Grant or Admiral types that put the team on their backs and refuses to go down....IMO....it will get them early on in the NCAAs.

And how many tournament games did UT win with those alpha dogs?  So that of itself ain't the answer.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 10:30:13 EST »

If possible, today was uglier than the UF game. AU was just worse than we were, I guess.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 11:30:04 EST »

And how many tournament games did UT win with those alpha dogs?   So that of itself ain't the answer.

Further than they've been in awhile....Fact is....they made it to where Top 5 paid Barnes has made it one time in 14 years....The Sweet 16.

Barnes has made it to the Sweet 16 one time in the past 14 years....And the Grant team was it. And this team lacks leadership and a go to player. So yes...with this talent that is a lot of the answer....And tell me what the star ranking was with the Grant and Admiral team compared to this one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:35:32 EST by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 12:35:34 EST »

Further than they've been in awhile....Fact is....they made it to where Top 5 paid Barnes has made it one time in 14 years....The Sweet 16.

Barnes has made it to the Sweet 16 one time in the past 14 years....And the Grant team was it. And this team lacks leadership and a go to player. So yes...with this talent that is a lot of the answer....And tell me what the star ranking was with the Grant and Admiral team compared to this one.

Wasn't trying to start an interwebs kerfluffle. They haven't made it very far period, and at this point I don't see it happening this year either.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:46:03 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 12:52:18 EST »

For this team to advance, deep into NCAA the light needs to come on for Phillips imo, kinda like it did for Josh Richardson that year with Pearl. Phillips needs to start scoring 10+/game on average. That loosens it up for others. Right now we are basically playing 4 on 5 offensively with Phillips lack of production. He must be one hell of a defensive player! Mashak needs to step it up too when given the opportunity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: