VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 07:48:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting pretty excited for baseball…  (Read 348 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2023, 05:49:03 EST »

We had to replace the entire lineup, so it’s hard to believe the offense can be as good as last year. But it sounds like they were raking in the fall. And the weekend rotation is potentially even better. Dollander gets all the ink, but folks forget that Burns and Beam were even better early on last year, before fading a bit down the stretch (as freshmen are apt to do). If they can improve their stamina, they can be every bit as effective as CD.

I will be interested to see if they’ve shorn up their biggest weakness over the past two years- controlling the baserunning game. Burns and Joyce in particular treated that aspect of the game as almost an afterthought. And Evan Russell- god bless him, but he was pretty bad back there. Not only were his throws down to 2nd almost never in time, but they were just as likely to find the outfield grass as an infielder’s mitt. With Dickey apparently moving to the OF, it seems like Charlie Taylor will be behind the plate most of the time. He’s supposed to be pretty strong in the field, so we’ll see.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 09:57:44 EST »

Looking forward but tempered my expectations...Not getting out of Knoxville after the great season and losing to ND no less was a downer.

If we get in the position again we might take a page out of Ole Miss playbook....Tank the first game of the SEC Tournament and go home.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:10:42 EST »

Looking forward but tempered my expectations...Not getting out of Knoxville after the great season and losing to ND no less was a downer.

If we get in the position again we might take a page out of Ole Miss playbook....Tank the first game of the SEC Tournament and go home.

You have Battered Vol Syndrome. I know because I do too.  I don't know how to time our peak, but we missed it last year.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 03:18:50 EST »

You have Battered Vol Syndrome. I know because I do too.  I don't know how to time our peak, but we missed it last year.

BVS is hard to avoid. Among a wide array of sports it seems the Vols have the same issue with finishing what they start.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 03:24:48 EST »

The middle infield should be improved too. It's going to be a fun season.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: