VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 04:35:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm the field, lose a home game..........  (Read 623 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2023, 08:54:12 EDT »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/sec-mulling-drastic-punishments-for-storming-the-field/ar-AA1ahgCp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=276c3f221b904f70a21ed30c79248e6e&ei=90
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 12:15:59 EDT »

Hmm, no mention of any penalties for universities that don't discipline their murder accomplices, er players?  I wonder why not?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 07:56:21 EDT »

So weird how when UT does something “extracurricular” that other schools have been doing for decades, our friends in Birmingham immediately spring into action. Our baseball team pimps a HR? On-field celebrations are banned. We rush the field after a big football win? Lose a home game. If I didn’t know any better, I might think the SEC office doesn’t like us as much as some others.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 03:38:13 EDT »

Yeah, if I hadn't lived it my entire life and were a fan of another school I might think "that's conspiracy theory stuff", but all the way back to Johnny Majors losing the Heisman to the ONLY PLAYER EVA to win it while playing for a terrible losing team to Peyton losing to the ONLY PLAYER EVA to win it as a defensive player to the "Tennessee rule" which was put into effect after we were robbed of our bowl victory over NC etc., etc..          
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 05:14:00 EDT »

But hitting a female on the field is ok....
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 08:51:56 EDT »

I figured little Nickie Satan was behind this move as well. That crowd on the field was a beautiful thing. fizzle em! 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 05:50:52 EDT »

What a colossal, gross over reaction.....  fizzle these idiots who are "in charge".  This hyper sensitive reactionary world just outright SUX.  The knee jerking, jelly spined powers that be can go fizzle themselves.  And fizzle, I'm not even addressing the OBVIOUS Bama bias in this as the above posters have touched on....

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 08:11:02 EDT »

The postgame scene following the win over bammer is probably the most enduring image of last season, and not just for UT. It will almost certainly make the opening montage for both Gameday and SEC Nation this year. I’ll bet the league won’t have anything to say about THAT.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 06:38:56 EDT »

LSU did it also

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: