VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:44:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You need to tell..  (Read 847 times)
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2023, 11:02:31 EDT »

Josh's speech writer that I am getting tired of being his copy editor:

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 03:26:52 EDT »

Look, I know your sports calendar goes on an 8 month hiatus in early January, but SOME schools compete for championships year-round. Maybe take a walk over to your baseball stadium right now to see what that’s like.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 03:31:44 EDT »

Look, I know your sports calendar goes on an 8 month hiatus in early January, but SOME schools compete for championships year-round. Maybe take a walk over to your baseball stadium right now to see what that’s like.

12-3 Final.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 07:25:42 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 10:02:38 EDT »

12-3 Final.
THAT WAS AN EPIC REPLY!!

volsboyinsodak
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 12:32:14 EDT »

No doubt, it is a long 4.5 months between our spring game and kickoff in September.   But you can have all of the championships from the tiddly-wink Olympic sports.  (Not sure which ones the Vols have won?)

Football is where its at, for UGA.  And I'm totally good with it.   

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 12:34:47 EDT »

12-3 Final.

LOL.  That aged well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 08:22:46 EDT »

No doubt, it is a long 4.5 months between our spring game and kickoff in September.   But you can have all of the championships from the tiddly-wink Olympic sports.  (Not sure which ones the Vols have won?)

Football is where its at, for UGA.  And I'm totally good with it.   

No team in the history of the NCAA has ever 3-peated.  Not Notre Dame, not bammer, not So Cal, all of which are far ahead  of uga in tradition.  The closest anyone came was So Cal in 2003-2005, but Carroll made a stupid decision to go for it on 4th and short and did not get it.  Would Vince Young been able to go 80 or so yards as well as he did 50 in the minute left?  Maybe.  But I wish we could have found out, it would have been more interesting. 

But Carroll has a way of oversmarting himself, just as he did in the Super Bowl years later.

Anyway, my point is, good luck this season. I would bet a significant amount that uga doesn't even sniff a repeat.  The main thing i would point to, in addition to the continual bleeding of your defense to the NFL, is the loss of Bennett. I have in the past been a big doubter, but no more.  The kid (well..old man? He IS 26  ) doesn't have the measurables that the NFL drools over at all, but he wins.  The intangibles and head for the game are all there, and IMO those are much more important than that a particular guy is 0.2 seconds faster in the 40 or throws an extra 10 yards farther. Or whatever. 

I think you struggle without him. 

Looking forward to our game in November....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: