VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 01:36:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I see that the PGA finally showed it true hypocritical colors. I snicker  (Read 616 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2023, 09:10:19 EDT »

at all of those fans of the PGA who belittled the PGA pro's that joined LIV first. Sorry to step on some toes. It is all about the money. Always will be.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pga-tour-goes-full-hypocrite-in-its-merger-with-liv-golf-165438579.html

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 09:55:07 EDT »

I'm not happy with the guys that took the money and I'm not happy with the PGA. What a sell out.

I guess blood stained money spends as good as any.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 12:55:38 EDT »

I feel the same way. I just hate the way the PGA acted holier than thou when the the golfers joined LIV. I still enjoy the PGA. I suppose this will be a good deal for golf fans in the long run.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 01:24:09 EDT »

I'm not happy with the guys that took the money and I'm not happy with the PGA. What a sell out.

I guess blood stained money spends as good as any.
it’s all about not wanting the truth of the PGAT 501c to get out in discovery
The people getting screwed in this are the charities, who won’t see a penny of it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 04:24:36 EDT »

it’s all about not wanting the truth of the PGAT 501c to get out in discovery
The people getting screwed in this are the charities, who won’t see a penny of it

I said the same thing within 30 minutes of the news coming out yesterday. The PGA didn't want skeletons in the closet to come out. Only reason to do this quick about face and things done under the table.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 04:33:43 EDT »

As Doc Holliday said of Johnny Ringo, "I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."  I am not a fan of LIV, but am less a fan of monopolies that take on the role of dictator.  The PGA has reaped what it sowed.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 07:46:11 EDT »

So it is more complicated than Saudi Sovereign Fund buying players, and the PGA needing to do something to get those stars back? What did the PGA do wrong here? I mean, I'm sure it is full of corruption & greed like every other powerful institution. BUT these players are rich country club brats to begin with. Hell as incredible as it sounds, there were rumors that Mickelson may have "needed" the money to pay gambling debts.    They are polished/coached in their public persona, but rumor has it many PGA players are utterly unlikeable people. I was always taught you stick with who brung you to the party so as usual my take is different 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 07:49:04 EDT »

I like golf, but I don't play the high end Shooter McGavin/Country Club variety. I play municipals & public courses. I may play at the local country club a couple times this year, but that's it for me.  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 10:00:58 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 10:04:34 EDT »

In hindsight you almost have to wonder, I think, if there wasn't some sort of collusion between Saudi Sovereign Fund & a few rogue players. Still don't understand it all, and don't particularly care to lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: