VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:36:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalen Ramsey just announced  (Read 5598 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:52 EDT »

He is going to usc
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:13:23 EDT by RIPLEYVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:38:22 EDT »

And guess who his recruiter was?  THIS is precisely why I was pissed at Tee for going out there. 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:42:25 EDT »

I was reprimanded for being mad at Tee....I may never forgive him.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:43:47 EDT »

I was reprimanded for being mad at Tee....I may never forgive him.

You weren't reprimanded... you were disagreed with.

Tee would've come here if he had a job offer, it is not his fault he did not have an offer. Be mad at Dooley.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:47:25 EDT »

At the time, I even brought up this precise scenario...

Re: Here's the most sickening news I've heard in long time...
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
Quote from: BanditVol on February 16, 2012, 03:25:51 PM

Of course, knowing Lane, he might have done it just to tweak UT again, even if it was subconcious. 

I GUARANTEE that's the case.  Think about it:  for a guy who always brags about having the best staff in football, do you really think he would have hired anyone else with an identical resume?  As much as we love(d) Tee, his coaching credentials are still pretty thin at this point.  He didn't exactly set the world on fire at UK.  Kiffin has proven he'll spare no expense to hire any coach he wants.  Do you REALLY think he hired Tee because he was the best guy available?  He's just using him, and I'm disappointed that Tee is too blind to see it. 

I have a picture of Tee walking into Jalen Ramsey's house in Brentwood wearing his red and yellow crap and extolling the virtues of Watts U, and it makes me want to puke. 

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=23136.0

101stDad
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:55 EDT »

Tee would've come here if he had a job offer, it is not his fault he did not have an offer. Be mad at Dooley.

Yep.  One can't be pissed at Tee for doing his job.  

If the kid doesn't want to come to UT, I would rather have him at USCw than at Bammer, LSU, USCe, Arkansas, Georgia, UF, or another SEC school that we do or could play.  

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:00:53 EDT »

Hello, have we met? 

Tee could have gone to any other school and I wouldn't be mad.  This is like your best friend being friends with your ex.  He owes me an apology. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:09 EDT »

Tee's doing his freakin' job. Heaven forbid a guy try to advance in his profession and better his family's financial situation.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:31:55 EDT »

Is this a joke? Tee went from UK to USC. Basketball to football school. No brainer. You could make a case that he is using USC. He would come to UT in the future if we had a position and offered him.

As for Ramsey, I heard he basically took a shot at UT. He didn't need to do that.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:42 EDT »

I do not lose sleep over decisions made by 17/18 year olds.  They
Ale their decisions based on whatever they feel is important at the time.  It bothers me when a home stated. Chooses another school but OTOH we get our fair share from other states (and take joy in it).

Did lame reach out to Tee due to Ramsey?  Possibly it was "a" reason but far from the main one.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLveeta
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 02:22:09 EDT »

Well, I tend to fail to freak when TN players go elsewhere... the receiver out of Nashville that Lane got a few years ago ... Patrick Turner? wasn't all that.  But I guarantee you, this WAS about headlines, period.  Lane wanted to tweak you and me, period.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8171156/tennessee-cb-prospect-jalen-ramsey-commits-usc-trojans-lane-kiffin
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:45 EDT »

This is what I like about "commitments".

USC still has some recruiting to do. Lamont Ramsey said his son won't shut down the recruiting process just because he's committed to the Trojans.

"I think he will probably still look around a little bit," Lamont Ramsey said. "He's always said he wants to take his visits. How we look at it is he's earned the right to do that. If he wants to take them and (other schools are) willing to let him come, we're open to it."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:28 EDT »

Well, I tend to fail to freak when TN players go elsewhere... the receiver out of Nas :pin:hville that Lane got a few years ago ... Patrick Turner? wasn't all that.  But I guarantee you, this WAS about headlines, period.  Lane wanted to tweak you and me, period.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8171156/tennessee-cb-prospect-jalen-ramsey-commits-usc-trojans-lane-kiffin

Snarky post typed but deleted I deserve a medal.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 05:05:04 EDT »

Kuck Fiffin anyway.  His day is coming.  They looked good last year and his early recruiting class for 2013 looks great so far, but I just can't see him really pulling off a truly successful national program.   I see him having a series of good to very good teams at USC, probably finishing in the top ten this season with Barkley, and then tanking completey a year or two down the road. 

Or he may just run USC right back into the NCAA ditch.   Very possible.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: