VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boys will be boys  (Read 5678 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:53:43 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:18 EDT »

I KNEW this was coming!  Perry the "military man"!  Well sure!  I know lots that never heard a bullet whiz by their ear!  You know he was a cheerleader in college, don't you?  Does that negate the "tough guy" air force crap?    
101stDad
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:11:55 EDT »

I KNEW this was coming!  Perry the "military man"!  Well sure!  I know lots that never heard a bullet whiz by their ear!  You know he was a cheerleader in college, don't you?  Does that negate the "tough guy" air force crap?    

Typical.  You point that finger at somebody who actually served, while evading the fact that your own guy is clueless when it comes to military matters.  I'm sure he is enjoyiing Martha's Vineyard on the taxpayer's dime, however.  Obama is way in over his head. 

It's pretty telling that your "defense" is that Perry was a cheerleader at aTm.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 01:42:02 EDT »

How about this as a defense:  1) he thinks the world is about 6000 years old
2) Denies evolution 3) Hosts prayer meetings 4) Made below average grades
5) Is bought and sold by the oil & gas industry 6) was and "understudy" to dubya
Of all people  7) has presided over low wage job "growth"
8) Accepted the federal stimulus to "balance" his own budget. 9) Has the
Spiritual beliefs of an imbecile 10) Denies the science of global warming while his OWN
State fries in the worst drought on record!  the last thing this country needs is another
Moron from Texas!  Who exactly are the military serving?  Not me or you  But the corporate interests, Duh!    Cut taxes some more.  Spend more on wars for "our " freedom.  Dumb!
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 04:20:06 EDT »

2) Denies evolution 3) Hosts prayer meetings 4) Made below average grades
5) Is bought and sold by the oil & gas industry 6) was and "understudy" to dubya
Of all people  7) has presided over low wage job "growth"
8) Accepted the federal stimulus to "balance" his own budget. 9) Has the
Spiritual beliefs of an imbecile 10) Denies the science of global warming while his OWN
State fries in the worst drought on record!  the last thing this country needs is another
Moron from Texas!  Who exactly are the military serving?  Not me or you  But the corporate interests, Duh!    Cut taxes some more.  Spend more on wars for "our " freedom.  Dumb!

Very good.  You only missed one or two of the daily democrat talking points. 

Of course, the ones you did hit are full of half truths and flat out lies. 

Again, you can't talk positively about your own guy, so you have to dog his potential opposition. 

And, yeah - I know.  It's all Bush and Cheney's fault.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:35:11 EDT »

Sure I can talk positively about Obama.  He fought for and won an extension of unemployment benefits, he demanded that BP pony up, he expanded the war on terror (which I would think you would like), he was the sitting President when OBL was killed, and if he gets the blame for the continuing economic problems, then he gets the credit for that, correct?  I wasn't a big fan of the timing of the health care reform, but they had the majority so they rammed it through.  Personally, I think Universal Single Payer is the only hope, and it is a move in that direction.  Everybody, wants to make a big deal out of "Obama's" bailout... whoopteedoo.  That's what all of the economic minds were calling for.  He is bought and sold by Wall Street, and has essentially governed as a moderate Republican.  Disappointing for me, but I see nothing out there that will beat him.  Bachmann?  Ha!  Perry is a nut!  Romney?  A conservative Democrat, or Liberal Republican, which we already have.  Deficits don't matter do they?  Or only when a Democrat is President?    His biggest error imo was trying to move to center, which I'm sure his "handlers" advised him to do.  He has bent over backwards compromising.  That's part of his job.  You, and the tea party may want to destroy America, and they have succeeded in part with the debt downgrade, but I don't think that is wise.  Look,  there are four major components to our debt issues.  1) the vast military/intelligence apparatus 2) social security 3) medicare/medicaid, 4)interest on the existing debt. Pick your poison.  Careful what you ask for.  You aren't getting any younger.  President Obama will stick up for you.  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:37:53 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:22:55 EDT »

2) Denies evolution 3) Hosts prayer meetings 9) Has the
State fries in the worst drought on record!

Congratulations, SmokeyJoe. You just convinced me to vote for Perry in the primary.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:43:16 EDT »

Perry seems like a dumber W to me, and W was pretty freakin dumb.  No thanks.

He has not got the chance of a snowball in hell, but I actually like Rand Paul now.  He actually is TOO libertarian for me, but he is about the first honest Presidential candidate since Ross Perot and I respect and admire that.  We need more people willing to say what they think and not what they are paid to say by large donors.

Other than Rand, Stan Huntsman might be good, but I need to research him further.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: