VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:55:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe  (Read 7712 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:21:37 EST »

I love Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp so I set about to find and recreate their signature dish.  Here it is.

Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe

1/2 Cup Mayonaise
1/4 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce (I used Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Recipe Follows for that)
Cornstarch with 2 Tbsp All purpose flour sifted
1 lb 21/25 or 30/40 Shrimp
Lettuce
Scallions

Heat oil to about 325 - 350. Mix Mayo and Chili Sauce.  Wash, clean, and devein the shrimp and pat dry.  Dedge in the cornstarch/flour mixture.
Fry 8 to 10 shrimp in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes max.  Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel and then place into a bowl  and spoon some of the mayo and chili sauce over the shrimp and coat.  Serve over the lettuce leaves with some scallions sprinkled over the top of the shrimp.  

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce

1 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Cold Water
3/4 cup granualated sugar
1.5 Tbsp Chili Pepper (I used cayenne dried and chopped)
6 Tbsp cornstarch with 8 Tbsp cold water
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce or  1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce (optional)
6 Tbsp Ketchup

Place first four ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Boil for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.  Mix the cornstarch and water into a slurry.  When the liquid is reduced reduce to heat to low and add in the cornstarch mixture while whisking.  Whisk and add until the mixture reaches a thicker consistency.  Add in the ketchup and continue whisking for another two minutes.  Store in a container in the refridgerator until needed.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: