VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 01:42:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitterly disappointed, but hey  (Read 1239 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: March 20, 2022, 02:43:09 EDT »

I'm used to it  2-18 from 3. Inability to score consistently in the paint. Regular season Rick 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 03:41:44 EDT »

This team had a very good regular season. At one point early in SEC play I thought that .500 would be a good SEC record for them. They had a really good season.

Obviously they were great in the SECT. It was fantastic to finally get another title and be able to hang another banner in TBA.

The tournament results were disappointing but they gave us a lot of enjoyable times this season.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 06:59:15 EDT »

Agree. Thought for sure we'd get to the sweet 16. Next year! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 02:18:52 EDT »

On balance it was a great season with a let down at the end.

Typical Barnes, as we all know, but he's performed almost as well as Pearl without the risk of covering our program in sleaze like AU has mostly dodged recently (but stay tuned).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 03:28:15 EDT »

Remains to be seen who comes back....but no way do I see us better than this years team.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 03:34:05 EDT »

Remains to be seen who comes back....but no way do I see us better than this years team.
I can see it (maybe I'm just hoping for it) if we get everyone back - which is highly unlikely I'm afraid.

In the more likely case that we are forced to replace just two of the three of KC, JJJ, and SV then I completely agree. With the current state of college sports it is also always possible that we could lose other players who were further down the bench this season.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 04:00:59 EDT »

They had a good year. Barnes will never win an NCAA title. If folks are okay with that,  fine. He told them they were a title capable team. I guess he forgot who the coach was. If he don't win one with the talent he has on hand now when will he. But a lot of good to great coaches never win a title. It ain't easy. Other than Wooden, even the greats only win a few. But considering his pay, he should challenge for one most years. Just don't see intensity every game and some lazy play.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 04:03:01 EDT »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/nobody-blows-it-in-march-like-tennessee-coach-rick-barnes-opinion/ar-AAVgWoZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 04:17:27 EDT »

Sadly, I think it is really tough to argue with that article.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 07:02:15 EDT »

Yeah the article does a good job of stating what we all already know, I guess.

But the author is a bit of a dipshizzle too.  He asks "what magic did Barnes bottle in his sole appearance in the FF?" (paraphrased a bit)

Um...HE HAD DURANT YOU fizzleING DUMBASS!   

If Durant level player was on our roster Barnes could probably "bottle the magic" again.  Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of these sportswriters.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 04:34:50 EDT »

Dan Wolken calling someone a clown may be the height of irony.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 06:51:48 EDT »

Yeah the article does a good job of stating what we all already know, I guess.

But the author is a bit of a dipshizzle too.  He asks "what magic did Barnes bottle in his sole appearance in the FF?" (paraphrased a bit)

Um...HE HAD DURANT YOU fizzleING DUMBASS!  

If Durant level player was on our roster Barnes could probably "bottle the magic" again.  Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of these sportswriters.  

Pretty sure he didn’t make it with Durant. I think his FF team was led by Ford and/or Aldridge, iirc.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:59:59 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 07:04:26 EDT »

Pretty sure he didn’t make it with Durant. I think his FF team was led by Ford and/or Aldridge, iirc.

That is correct.

However, I fully endorse any effort that labels Dan Wolken a dipshizzle and a fizzleing dumbass.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 07:05:45 EDT »

I view that as irrelevant. This team spectacularly underachieved at the end.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 08:03:14 EDT »

That is correct.

However, I fully endorse any effort that labels Dan Wolken a dipshizzle and a fizzleing dumbass.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: