VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 03:04:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking for the NC game is $75 for SoFi Stadium lots…  (Read 3361 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2023, 06:05:50 EST »

…and NO TAILGATING ALLOWED. Oh, and good luck parking off-site. You’re in Inglewood, and your car probably won’t be there after the game.

fizzleing California. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 06:20:10 EST »

Is the tailgating ban standard in Cali? Please tell me this isn't a holdover covid policy.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 06:59:16 EST »

What the dumb azzes get for having the NC game out there. They deserve what they asked for.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 07:02:32 EST »

Is the tailgating ban standard in Cali? Please tell me this isn't a holdover covid policy.

I went to a few games at the Rose Bowl in the 90s and it was allowed then. Of course, their idea of “tailgating” is very different from ours.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 07:07:13 EST »

I went to a few games at the Rose Bowl in the 90s and it was allowed then. Of course, their idea of “tailgating” is very different from ours.
Yeh, they wouldn't let me putt out through their smokethon ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 07:21:40 EST »

I was there for the '96 & '08 games.  Pretty funny that they let you park right there on the golf course.  I used to live just a little down the San Gabriel's from Pasadena and went to a few Pac 10 games there - what a beautiful venue.  The golf course ain't bad either.  I remember playing there once and we saw some dude ahead of us leave his foursome and walk into the woods with a streetwalker.  Amazingly that did not slow up the play.  She looked exactly like that one they caught Hugh Grant with - Devine Brown?  It was not her, but sure looked like her.  And no, I couldn't tell ya how much she charged.....

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 07:25:04 EST »

It's being widely reported that the CFP implemented the no-tailgating policy and not the venue. But you know darned well that anyone in charge of college football isn't going to willingly say "ya can't tailgate." That's a directive that's being passed through the CFP from the venue, the city of Inglewood, or the great state of California.

Nothing that comes out of California surprises me. Beautiful place that is chock full of batshizzle crazy people.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 07:28:00 EST »

I was there for the '96 & '08 games.  Pretty funny that they let you park right there on the golf course.  I used to live just a little down the San Gabriel's from Pasadena and went to a few Pac 10 games there - what a beautiful venue.  The golf course ain't bad either.  I remember playing there once and we saw some dude ahead of us leave his foursome and walk into the woods with a streetwalker.  Amazingly that did not slow up the play.  She looked exactly like that one they caught Hugh Grant with - Devine Brown?  It was not her, but sure looked like her.  And no, I couldn't tell ya how much she charged.....

She must of been helping him look for his balls. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 07:31:00 EST »

She must of been helping him look for his balls. 

LOL!  Or helping him with his putting stroke!   

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 01:23:07 EST »

It's being widely reported that the CFP implemented the no-tailgating policy and not the venue. But you know darned well that anyone in charge of college football isn't going to willingly say "ya can't tailgate." That's a directive that's being passed through the CFP from the venue, the city of Inglewood, or the great state of California.

Nothing that comes out of California surprises me. Beautiful place that is chock full of batshizzle crazy people.

Exactly how does one tailgate 3000 miles from home? I guess this guy is lying? Says you can bring a cooler & party like it's 1999 in YOUR parking space. Why ya gotta manspread everywhere?  Also says CFP has not allowed tailgating the last 3-4 years.   So he is straight lying? Really? Sounds hysterical to me. Stay woke y'all  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/story/2023-01-05/no-tailgating-national-championship-blame-cfp-not-california-sofi-stadium%3f_amp=true

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:54:45 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 08:39:25 EST »

Yeh, they wouldn't let me putt out through their smokethon ...

A typically obscure and cryptic comment from you.

Were you playing golf in the Rose Bowl parking lot and they were smoking weed?

Seriously dude.  Read what you wrote, and ask yourself "does this make any fizzleing sense at all"?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2023, 08:59:16 EST »

A typically obscure and cryptic comment from you.

Were you playing golf in the Rose Bowl parking lot and they were smoking weed?

Seriously dude.  Read what you wrote, and ask yourself "does this make any fizzleing sense at all"?

They park on the golf course at the Rose Dump!
It was a joke playing into that FACT!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 12:13:26 EST »

They park on the golf course at the Rose Dump!
It was a joke playing into that FACT!

Hm.  I was there (unfortunately) in 2008, and don't recall the golf course.  Then again, I didn't drive.  I went with my best bud from college, who at the time lived in Glendora.

He finally got fed up and left in October of 2021. Lives in Oklahama City now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 01:04:33 EST »

Hm.  I was there (unfortunately) in 2008, and don't recall the golf course.  Then again, I didn't drive.  I went with my best bud from college, who at the time lived in Glendora.

Oklahoma City? Why not texASS? Talk about batshizzle crazy   
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 09:07:01 EST »

Wow, Glendora is where I used to live (98-‘02).  Going to that game was kind of a homecoming for me.  I took my brother to The Hat, which is pretty famous in town.  We flew into Vegas, played golf a few days and then drove across the desert to the game.  We were hanging out near the pro shop on the Rose Bowl golf course with a ton of other Vols and Pat strolled through the crowd and said hi to everyone.  Only time I ever met her.  Hell, that was worth the whole trip right there! 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 04:37:00 EST »

Oklahoma City? Why not texASS? Talk about batshizzle crazy   

Because a really good friend of his is in business in Dallas and wants to expand into Oklahoma.  My buddy is in the flooring/carpet business. It was a great opportunity for him and he is doing well with it. He likes Oklahoma a lot better than LA, for sure.

But if you think LA is great, feel free to move there.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 04:38:11 EST »

Wow, Glendora is where I used to live (98-‘02).  Going to that game was kind of a homecoming for me.  I took my brother to The Hat, which is pretty famous in town.  We flew into Vegas, played golf a few days and then drove across the desert to the game.  We were hanging out near the pro shop on the Rose Bowl golf course with a ton of other Vols and Pat strolled through the crowd and said hi to everyone.  Only time I ever met her.  Hell, that was worth the whole trip right there! 

Meeting Pat must have been amazing.  Never did meet her. I did meet Fulmer at Joey Kent Day in Huntsville back in 1995, since Joey was from Huntsville, and again at a caravan in 2007 or 2008, can't recall which.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2023, 08:00:32 EST »

But if you think LA is great, feel free to move there.   

I doubt Dallas or Houston is any more likeable than LA. OKC may be slightly more likeable. I didn't particularly care for Nashville when I moved back from 2018 - 2021. Big cities in general no longer appeal to me. Doesn't matter if it is a Dem or Republican run city/state. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 08:24:57 EST »

Doesn't matter if it is a Dem or Republican run city/state. 

I know this is going over the line of discussing politics on a sports forum but that comment just can't be allowed to stand without rebuttal. I mean, come on. All big cities have their innate problems. There's a reason I choose to live in the sticks. But California — and its major cities — are in a league of their own when it comes to government run amok.

A ban on internal combustion engines in 12 years?  The looming reparations for people who have never been enslaved, paid for by taxpayers who have never owned slaves? Universal health care for illegal aliens? Safe injection sites for drug addicts to shoot up with supervision?  Those stupid Prop 65 warning labels on everything the rest of us purchase?  Dumping Columbus Day (a federally-recognized holiday) and replacing it with Indigenous Peoples' Day?  An effort to ban tackle football for middle school kids? A law banning access to even religious works that "reflect negatively" on gay people?  A sanctuary state for parents who want to mutate their children with gender-reassignment surgery?  No dress codes or grooming standards because it discriminates against certain races?  Requiring retailers to have gender-neutral toy sections in their stores?  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2023, 10:56:44 EST »

I know this is going over the line of discussing politics on a sports forum but that comment just can't be allowed to stand without rebuttal. I mean, come on. All big cities have their innate problems. There's a reason I choose to live in the sticks. But California — and its major cities — are in a league of their own when it comes to government run amok.

A ban on internal combustion engines in 12 years?  The looming reparations for people who have never been enslaved, paid for by taxpayers who have never owned slaves? Universal health care for illegal aliens? Safe injection sites for drug addicts to shoot up with supervision?  Those stupid Prop 65 warning labels on everything the rest of us purchase?  Dumping Columbus Day (a federally-recognized holiday) and replacing it with Indigenous Peoples' Day?  An effort to ban tackle football for middle school kids? A law banning access to even religious works that "reflect negatively" on gay people?  A sanctuary state for parents who want to mutate their children with gender-reassignment surgery?  No dress codes or grooming standards because it discriminates against certain races?  Requiring retailers to have gender-neutral toy sections in their stores?  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

California remains our country's flagship economic engine. Like it or not. Cali, NY, Texas, Florida in that order. Fact. More people WANT to be there than not. Hey they gave us Reagan, Nixon, and McCarthy 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 11:00:23 EST »

This entire thread started with a typically false premise that I could not let stand. Why do you or anybody care what they do in California? Don't go. Simple. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2023, 11:10:15 EST »

This entire thread started with a typically false premise that I could not let stand. Why do you or anybody care what they do in California? Don't go. Simple.  

Let's just go ahead and blow it up! Some of you people believe they were just there for a casual tour and stroll on January 6th & Ray Epps was an FBI/CIA plant 🙄 and that Sandy Hook didn't  happen. And all news is fake.  Not sure you are the best adjudicators of truth either    
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 11:23:08 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2023, 11:36:16 EST »

Fact. More people WANT to be there than not.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article270354472.html
https://calmatters.org/commentary/2022/04/california-population-decline/
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/04/us/california-population-decline.html

Like a typical liberal, you ignore news that doesn't fit your narrative, make political assumptions about people you don't know, and try to insult them if you don't like their opinion. Just about the only thing that's missing is you haven't called anyone a racist. Wanna go ahead and throw that out there and get it out of the way?
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 12:34:26 EST »

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article270354472.html

Like a typical liberal, you ignore news that doesn't fit your narrative, make political assumptions about people you don't know, and try to insult them if you don't like their opinion. Just about the only thing that's missing is you haven't called anyone a racist. Wanna go ahead and throw that out there and get it out of the way?

Like a typical conservative you disregard news that doesn't fit your agenda, make political assumptions about people you don't know, and try to insult them if you don't like their opinion.
Everything is a lie or fake. There may be a net outflow of population currently, but California remains America's foremost economic juggernaut. You cannot deny that. Nor can you deny the false premise of the thread. Thank you & have a good night.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:40:50 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 12:49:36 EST »

You are not given to hysterical hyperbole in the very least. No crazy comparisons or anything like that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHH9EYZHoVU
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: