VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 09:04:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought we had a bunch of young 4-5 star DB's . Butch better be coaching  (Read 3469 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2015, 01:37:46 EDT »

them up. If not, some of the SEC teams will be hard to contain, passing wise. Of course some of the opponents were less than stellar. Ole Miss looked good, but were playing a high school team. I think aTm had the most impressive win. If their defense is good, they will be a handful. Uf and Arky looked good too. It is going to be a tough first 6 games for us. After week one I don't think we know much more about the Vols than we did before game one. I am worried about giving up 425 yards passing. It usually does not bode well when we get to the SEC schedule if a team that we should control, moves the ball like BGSU did.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:42:13 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 01:48:22 EDT »

them up. If not, some of the SEC teams will be hard to contain, passing wise. Of course some of the opponents were less than stellar. Ole Miss looked good, but were playing a high school team. I think aTm had the most impressive win. If their defense is good, they will be a handful. Uf and Arky looked good too. It is going to be a tough first 6 games for us. After week one I don't think we know much more about the Vols than we did before game one. I am worried about giving up 425 yards passing. It usually does not bode well when we get to the SEC schedule if a team that we should control, moves the ball like BGSU did.
You are NOT very observant.  You also probably listened to Ware, who was flat fizzleing clueless about secondary play

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:09:02 EDT »

That is BS. So you are just fine with the secondary play? It's okay to give up that many yards and points. Tell me you were not worried there for awhile? We finally wore their defense down to get a respectable margin of victory.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 04:36:30 EDT »

That is BS. So you are just fine with the secondary play? It's okay to give up that many yards and points. Tell me you were not worried there for awhile? We finally wore their defense down to get a respectable margin of victory.

Wore their defense down? Their defense is probably so bad that it couldn't get much worse with fatigue, but UT's offense scored at will all day long. There was no wearing them down. If anything, we wore their offense down.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:47 EDT »

No but I just don't look a stats and look at the play and the formations, not to mention changes IN GAME as well as improvement - all of which were evident yesterday!  You might be taken more seriously if you put some effort into watching the game, not just scream your current topic dejur, someday.  I had several like you around me yesterday as well.    A couple of them actually learned that formation can dictate coverage sometimes.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 05:05:21 EDT »

Swafford - Out for career
Gaulden - Out for season
McNeil - Out for season?
Martin - Will hopefully recover soon
Kelly - In hospital most of last week

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 05:26:45 EDT »

Swafford - Out for career
Gaulden - Out for season
McNeil - Out for season?
Martin - Will hopefully recover soon
Kelly - In hospital most of last week
TK didn't play too badly.  It seemed like when he went in (originally for Berry though for one series he was in for Randolph) we played more aggressive with the corners.  For example Forman was that ][ close to a pick 6 on a throw to the TE.  TK was a bit slow rolling over to cover when Moseley cut off his coverage to cover their QB when he rolled left but he was under control (unlike Randolph on a similar situation in the first half (at least before the non weather delay)).  BTW, I don't have an issue with Moseley rolling up as we had no outside contain with either the DE or LB on the play.
Also, after watching the replay I would rate M. Abernathy the best of the three corners who played the majority of the snaps. 
IMO we will not be at full strength in the secondary until Martin can recover, learn and get into game shape.  It was good that both Martin and Griffin both had some snaps in the 4th quarter.  We'll need both as the year goes along.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:13 EDT »

If Griffin and Martin can get 15 quality snaps, that would help. I'm not sure it's this week though.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 07:31:27 EDT »

I was unable to watch all but a couple minutes of the game Saturday, though I heard the first half on the radio. 

I just watched my DVR of the first half.  I did notice that we went to two safeties deep mid second quarter and it seemed to help.   So there is that, although a good running team might make us pay for that in the future if we do it again.

I will watch the second half tomorrow...I'm curious how they got their third and final TD.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: