VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 07:41:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The corruption in college basketball recruiting is being exposed.....  (Read 13679 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 01:18:28 EDT »

Agree with this......This is something that should have been done years ago....Need to burn down what needs to be burned down. I am quite certain there are several universities....athletic departments....and coaching staffs across the country sweating bullets today and looking over their shoulders....More will come of this I'm sure it's just the surface right now. But....if nothing else athletic departments across the land now know that Big Brother is watching.

The best part is that this is a FEDERAL investigation, and not the NCAA.  Therefore, some schools won't be as, uh, "protected" as they would otherwise be.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 02:20:36 EDT »

The best part is that this is a FEDERAL investigation, and not the NCAA.  Therefore, some schools won't be as, uh, "protected" as they would otherwise be.

For one thing, the FBI/Feds can actually subpoena witnesses and evidence, not to mention file criminal charges

Long, long, long overdue, and I can't wait to see the Nike fallout.  Also hope it extends to football. 

Whatever else one says about Sessions, he gets a bit  for this. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:10 EDT »

No way Pitino survives this.  Jurich will be out, too.

I'm just glad TN is safe.  I mean, Barnes has to be clean.  Can't cheat if you don't recruit.  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:28 EDT »

Well, lookie here- bammer's already proactively throwing their hoops program under the bus.  They'll let the entire school burn if it means keeping football intact.

http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/alabama_basketball_staffer_res.html

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 04:01:11 EDT »

Here we go.

Immunity to players to get the info. It will be interesting to find out the facts on Nike's involvement and also if the AAU is caught up in this.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20838846/feds-investigating-ncaa-fraud-likely-apply-extreme-pressure-big-name-coaches-programs
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 05:56:31 EDT »

Well, lookie here- bammer's already proactively throwing their hoops program under the bus.  They'll let the entire school burn if it means keeping football intact.

http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/alabama_basketball_staffer_res.html

Lots of crapped drawers among the elite donors right now, I suspect 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 01:55:53 EDT »

Regardless of which teams/coaches/individuals are involved, I am in favor of cleaning up college athletics. 

While I realize that some people will always cheat and take advantage anywhere that they can, I believe that the current system/environment is broken.  If this is what it takes to get things in order, I am all for it.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 04:19:33 EDT »

The US Attorneys conducting this investigation announced to all parties (especially coaches) that now is the time to call their office to discuss it before the US calls them. You go git a couple of important people, let everyone know you are serious, and give people the opportunity to rat out everyone else to reduce your potential penalty.

This is really going to put the NCAA on the spot because they have done everything to cover up and protect the big schools because of the money that big-time basketball brings in each year. Everyone knows the current AAU money train funded by Adidas and Nike primarily and agents are guiding kids to schools for 6 figure bribes. This has been common knowledge for years, but NCAA turned a blind eye because "Well, we have no authority to investigate. Wink! Wink!". Now fraud is charged and people will go on trail. You can bet plenty of small fish are going to be telling their stories to try to reduce their liabilities. I hope the AAU programs are eliminated and all big time sports contracts with the equipment companies stop. If a sports company wants to sponser a kid, let them. Just tell the kid he cannot play in college. Will that hurt the college game, Sure. But how much has the one-and-done John Calipari model helped the game?   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 04:40:10 EDT »

The US Attorneys conducting this investigation announced to all parties (especially coaches) that now is the time to call their office to discuss it before the US calls them. You go git a couple of important people, let everyone know you are serious, and give people the opportunity to rat out everyone else to reduce your potential penalty.

This is really going to put the NCAA on the spot because they have done everything to cover up and protect the big schools because of the money that big-time basketball brings in each year. Everyone knows the current AAU money train funded by Adidas and Nike primarily and agents are guiding kids to schools for 6 figure bribes. This has been common knowledge for years, but NCAA turned a blind eye because "Well, we have no authority to investigate. Wink! Wink!". Now fraud is charged and people will go on trail. You can bet plenty of small fish are going to be telling their stories to try to reduce their liabilities. I hope the AAU programs are eliminated and all big time sports contracts with the equipment companies stop. If a sports company wants to sponser a kid, let them. Just tell the kid he cannot play in college. Will that hurt the college game, Sure. But how much has the one-and-done John Calipari model helped the game?   

^This
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 05:17:45 EDT »

I seriously hope that AAU and the current NCAA are burned to the ground over this.  Both of those institutions are at the core of the corruption that is now being exposed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:20:09 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: