VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 12:43:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henry's done...  (Read 1448 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2021, 12:49:54 EDT »

Titans need to find some offense to match his fast or they may be done as well. And... Go Braves.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 04:58:52 EDT »

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1455219137656012804?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1455219137656012804%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 07:11:47 EDT »

Titans are pretty much guaranteed to win their division. He could be back for the playoffs. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 08:40:47 EDT »

He's the one guy the Titans can't lose.

Would be really interesting to see Adrian Petersen get  a few carries though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 10:06:02 EDT »

Oh Peterson is going to get some carries. They also signed D'onta Foreman. It will be running back by committee. They already have a 3 game lead in their crap division, and several winnable games left, even without Henry. That said, super bowl dreams are greatly diminished w/o Henry. He could be ready for the playoffs. OTOH, it is a tricky injury he has. He also may never be the same again. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 11:08:14 EDT »

AP needs 450 yds to pass Barry Sanders on the all time ydg list.  Interesting

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:49:48 EDT »

I personally think Peterson is a hammy injury waiting to happen, but they say he has remained in football shape. We'll see. I think they'd like to get 15 carries a game from him. Henry was averaging 27 carries a game. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 01:21:46 EDT »

He’s been carrying my fantasy team all year.  Welp.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:38:06 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 05:18:24 EDT »

He’s been carrying mt fantasy team all year.  Welp.   
. Back in the day when I played, for certain teams you could just grab the backup, and in fact I often would even if the starter wasnt injured as insurance.

For instance if Edgerin James was nicked up his backup was usually gold, because the Colts had a good OL and (of course!) a really good passing offense to open up the rush lanes.

Unfortunately Henry is very unique. Still whoever is behind him likely is servicible as the Titans are a run oriented team and the backup will do okay. Definitely not a one to one replacement for Henry though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 03:38:41 EDT »

. Back in the day when I played, for certain teams you could just grab the backup, and in fact I often would even if the starter wasnt injured as insurance.

For instance if Edgerin James was nicked up his backup was usually gold, because the Colts had a good OL and (of course!) a really good passing offense to open up the rush lanes.

Unfortunately Henry is very unique. Still whoever is behind him likely is servicible as the Titans are a run oriented team and the backup will do okay. Definitely not a one to one replacement for Henry though.

Just picked up his replacement.   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 04:53:52 EDT »

i just hope this isn't the start of Henry's slide. They work the crap out of him and he's been pretty healthy up til now. RB's can fade away pretty quick. Look at Gurley.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 05:14:05 EST »

Titans need to find some offense to match his fast or they may be done as well. And... Go Braves.

I'll be durn! Henry may be done, but the Titans aren't! They found a defense! 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 05:41:24 EST »

Wild day in the NFL for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: