VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 07:05:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, we're sticking with JG going forward  (Read 1777 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 09:14:30 EDT »

From Pruitt's comments today.  Sucks, but sounds like we don't have a backup that they think is gonna do any better.

This would've been the week to make a change... So, there we go.    

Top shelf SEC defenses are going to maul us. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:20:06 EDT »

I don't have an issue with it.  There will be another chance in late Oct/early Nov if needed.  As stated elsewhere, we should not throw an inexperienced QB into the maw of FL-GA-Bammer-other SEC teams just yet.  The Petersen example comes to mind.  Butch caved to fan pressure, stuck Petersen into the Swamp without Petersen having played a single D1 snap, and simultaneously ruined Petersen's UT career and likely cost us that game.

Let JG take the shots from the near term gauntlet we face, but work Maurer or Shrout in for relief, and hold our cards till November.  Excellent strategy and what he should do IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:40:03 EDT »

Think the intent was get them both in against Ga State but we know how that went.....Pruitt said in his presser today they hope to get them in against UTC....We'll see.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:24 EDT »

I think JG is just gun shy,after all the hits he took last year.So far in 2 games they have rotated in and out 10 different O-linemen trying to find the right mix.
IMO,he doesn't have confidence in his protection and it shows in his slow check downs and late passes.
He had several passes that had they been throw a second sooner would have been big plays or even a TD
They need to find 5 guys that work best and stick with them and get JG out of the pocket,roll him out on the run some and mix it up to give the receivers time to get open and get his confidence back.
Grey was a beast,looking forward to seeing him get more snaps. Not ready to call the season a total loss just yet.
Go Vols!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:50:14 EDT by crockettman » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 01:47:29 EDT »

I think JG is just gun shy,after all the hits he took last year.So far in 2 games they have rotated in and out 10 different O-linemen trying to find the right mix.
IMO,he doesn't have confidence in his protection and it shows in his slow check downs and late passes.
He had several passes that had they been throw a second sooner would have been big plays or even a TD
They need to find 5 guys that work best and stick with them and get JG out of the pocket,roll him out on the run some and mix it up to give the receivers time to get open and get his confidence back.
Grey was a beast,looking forward to seeing him get more snaps. Not ready to call the season a total loss just yet.
Go Vols!

Plus one, I haven't given up either.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:17:24 EDT »

JG wants to play well and win and I'd love to see it. Just don't know if he's got it though. He makes or doesn't make decisions a 3rd year starter should make.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:25:08 EDT »

Well, I don't see his confidence improving over the next 4-5 weeks, but it is what it is.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 08:26:40 EDT »

I hope he is man enuff to prove me wrong, but JG is NEVER gonna git there.  He may have ~2 more good games this year and might lead us to a nice upset, but he will continue to wander aimlessly down the path to good QB'ship.  I really hope he proves me wrong.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 04:14:45 EDT »

I hope he is man enuff to prove me wrong, but JG is NEVER gonna git there.  He may have ~2 more good games this year and might lead us to a nice upset, but he will continue to wander aimlessly down the path to good QB'ship.  I really hope he proves me wrong.

about where I am, but hoping for the best

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: