VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 01:12:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll on GVX......  (Read 4094 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 04:21:46 EST »

59% say that we should consider hiring Fulmer. No matter what your opinion is on whether he should have been fired in the first place, I really don't think we can go down that road. I find it incredible that 59% are willing to do so. Hell, it was 60%-70% that wanted him fired.

Fans suck.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:34:40 EST »

Here's one thing I try to keep in mind in most every situation. People are stupid. Thank you. That is all.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:03 EST »

Here's one thing I try to keep in mind in most every situation. People are stupid. Thank you. That is all.

Yep, stupid comes to mind right off the bat.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 04:55:21 EST »

My vote for stupid is the people wanting to run him off in 2007 or even 2005.  But yeah, people are stupid.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:58:04 EST »

59% say that we should consider hiring Fulmer. No matter what your opinion is on whether he should have been fired in the first place, I really don't think we can go down that road. I find it incredible that 59% are willing to do so. Hell, it was 60%-70% that wanted him fired.

Fans suck.

^ this! We are the legion of the miserable! I thought it was obvious his time had passed. He was working with the old Paterno/Osborne model of cultivating staff loyalty, which blew up on him.  I really am not the harshest critic, and think fan(atics) are way over the top in their judgement often. However I would like to know wtf Hart has been doing.
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:32 EST »

A GVX poll.  Now, that's a real indicator of how the fanbase feels.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:03 EST »

A GVX poll.  Now, that's a real indicator of how the fanbase feels.   

It's as good as any.

As an online poll, it's probably the best. The widest segment of the fanbase is probably on GVX

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 05:20:56 EST »

It's as good as any.

As an online poll, it's probably the best. The widest segment of the fanbase is probably on GVX

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Bandit.  Internet polls are not generally a good indication of anything. 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:45 EST »

It's as good as any.

No, the widest segment of the fanbase isnt reading the internet very frequently if at all.  The fanatics are the ones frequenting the internet sites right now....including me.  jmo

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 05:26:19 EST »

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Bandit.  Internet polls are not generally a good indication of anything. 
Agreed, an unbiased random poll would be vastly different than an internet poll. That has been born out in my line of work several times in the last several years. A constituent group shows up with their internet poll and I show up with a random, statistically valid survey....I win.  We avoid internet poll like the plague.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 05:38:07 EST »

No, the widest segment of the fanbase isnt reading the internet very frequently if at all.  The fanatics are the ones frequenting the internet sites right now....including me.  jmo

This is true. I've talked to UT fans (and football fans in general) here about things going on at UT and they've never heard of them. During the Fulmer/Bama NCAA wars, they didn't even have a hint of what was going on.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 07:08:18 EST »

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Bandit.  Internet polls are not generally a good indication of anything.  

Right.  That's why I said "AS AN ONLINE POLL", it's probably the best one.    

I did not advocate internet polls as a reliable indicator.  I do probably think they say more than you give them credit for, and we can definitely agree to disagree on that.  I do take them with a large grain of salt though.

A better statement of my actual view is that "even though intenet polls are unreliable indicators, at least GVX has a wide crosssection of the fanbase."  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:39:23 EST by BanditVol » Logged

Quasi EVol
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 09:44:31 EST »

I'd like him as AD but not coach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: