VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 10:47:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoever is doing the marketing and promotional stuff gets it  (Read 4229 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:16:33 EDT »

As has been discussed, gamedays at Neyland are a bit different this season.  I don't really care one way or the other about the hip hop music blasting on the PA system.  If recruits and current players like it, fine.  But I want to talk specifically about the promotional videos that have come out since Butch has taken over.  Idk what people shoot/edit/and put together these vids but they are just tremendously well done.  They almost always give me goosebumps.  Yesterday a new one was shown on the jumbotron, and its theme was the fans in Neyland and included a personal message from Butch.   It started out with slow motion panoramic shots of a rowdy Neyland crowd and "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone softly began.  I got preemptive goosebumps just when I realized what song it was.  Really well done.

Another one that stands out to me is the one where Butch's shadow comes walking towards the camera and ends with with "When do I start?"

So, kudos to whoever is doing these vids.  Idk if it's the same person/people or not, but the quality has really gone up.  Maybe Butch has some input, too. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:24:09 EDT »

I don't know how much direct input Butch has, but I think we have very good people working in that area now. I don't remember having such great promotion vids in the past.

I don't know if they are new or if they've just found the right notes under the new football program, but I hope they keep 'em coming.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:53 EDT »

I don't know how much direct input Butch has, but I think we have very good people working in that area now. I don't remember having such great promotion vids in the past.

I don't know if they are new or if they've just found the right notes under the new football program, but I hope they keep 'em coming.
i think he has input, if nothing more than contributing ideas.  The tribute the fans I believe was all Butch.  That segment is usually about highlites from the previous game and instead it was a thank you for the support by the fans at the UGA game and was very well done. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:31:55 EDT »

BTW, as expected the "this is Tennessee" segment was about the Battle at Bristol

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 05:47:30 EDT »

Is this the video, Vinnie?

http://vimeo.com/77552303

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 06:00:11 EDT »

Yep, that is the video

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:06:30 EDT »

Well you guys were right. It's an awesome video and, as usual for Butch, pitch perfect.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 07:42:15 EDT »

Chills!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 08:40:28 EDT »

great video, perfectly produced. Butch gets it

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:39 EDT »

Yep, that is the video

I wish I could find the Video they play right before the game gets started on the JUMBOTRON....the Graphics of Building Neyland and then Butch saying "I want the City of Knoxville to KNOW that it is a football Saturday" sends chills through me every time.  I love the graphics as well is a great piece of filmmaking!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 09:35:06 EDT »

I wish I could find the Video they play right before the game gets started on the JUMBOTRON....the Graphics of Building Neyland and then Butch saying "I want the City of Knoxville to KNOW that it is a football Saturday" sends chills through me every time.  I love the graphics as well is a great piece of filmmaking!

Yep, love that video!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: