VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 10:09:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So we have four OL from last year on NFL rosters  (Read 1192 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:31:46 EDT »

Ja'won James was drafted first round and is starting for Miami
Zach Fulton was drafted sixth round and is starting for KC
James Stone was undrafted but is a third stringer for Atlanta
Antonio Richardson was undrafted but is on IR for Minnesota

http://www.wbir.com/story/sports/college/vols/football/2014/08/30/which-former-vols-made-nfl-rosters/14875781/

In 2010, when they were all frosh (except Antonio who came a year later) we gave up 41 sacks and only averaged 109 yards per game.  That's  3.4 sacks per game.  We are allowing 3.8 per game this year, which is worse, but not by a huge amount.  My point is that even though we had future NFL talent on the line in 2010, they struggled mightily.

If we can get a couple good OL in this spring to add depth and maybe even start at some point, and the current OL works hard, at some point next season they will begin to jell, hopefully just as whatever QB we are playing starts to "get it". Meanwhile I expect Butch will be bringing in his third consecutive top 5 class, and 2016 is going to look very bright. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: