VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:06:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1883 finale (spoiler)  (Read 1070 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2022, 06:05:27 EST »

I…didn’t think they’d actually go through with it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 03:18:13 EST »

Full hour of sad.   

At least Thomas lived.  His character was so endearing and likable, I was sure he was a goner.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 08:18:38 EST »

Full hour of sad.   

At least Thomas lived.  His character was so endearing and likable, I was sure he was a goner.

They just killed off what we thought was the star of the show, in season one. Very bold creative decision. It will be interesting to see where they take it from here.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 11:26:44 EST »

They just killed off what we thought was the star of the show, in season one. Very bold creative decision. It will be interesting to see where they take it from here.

It worked out for Game of Thrones.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 04:24:06 EST »

It worked out for Game of Thrones.   

True. But while Ned Stark may have been the “hero” of GOT season 1, the show wasn’t really about him. 1883 almost seemed like Elsa’s biography. She was even the freaking narrator.

Even though they had been telegraphing this for two weeks, I didn’t believe they’d kill her off until it actually happened.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 05:15:27 EST »

Elsa was pretty to look at but I wasn't invested in her character.

But why did they have to kill off Sam Elliot? 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 06:08:53 EST »

Elsa was pretty to look at but I wasn't invested in her character.

But why did they have to kill off Sam Elliot? 

If you recall, he actually said that was his plan back in the very first episode. I assume the hummingbird was supposed to represent Elsa?

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 08:04:11 EST »

If you recall, he actually said that was his plan back in the very first episode. I assume the hummingbird was supposed to represent Elsa?

Yeah but he could've changed his mind or at least waited until the last of the next 10 episodes to off himself.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 09:03:22 EST »

Now I see that the second 10 episodes of 1883 will actually be the 1932 series that's already been talked about. Obviously that explains why they went ahead and offed Shea.

That's disappointing. 1883 is truly some of the best Western-themed TV ever -- big screen or small screen. The cinematography was stunning, the script was well-written, the acting was superb. It's kinda hard to believe that Tim McGraw hasn't done more acting over the years. He was outstanding.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 09:06:05 EST »

Now I see that the second 10 episodes of 1883 will actually be the 1932 series that's already been talked about. Obviously that explains why they went ahead and offed Shea.

That's disappointing. 1883 is truly some of the best Western-themed TV ever -- big screen or small screen. The cinematography was stunning, the script was well-written, the acting was superb. It's kinda hard to believe that Tim McGraw hasn't done more acting over the years. He was outstanding.

It is? I was under the impression that 1883 would go on, and 1932 was a whole new spinoff.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 09:10:43 EST »

It is? I was under the impression that 1883 would go on, and 1932 was a whole new spinoff.

Looks like there will be more episodes, but it won’t be a full season.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/1883-season-2-coming-fans-should-not-expect-another-full-season-yellowstone-prequel.html/

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 01:51:07 EST »

I was a Yellowstone fan, 1883 was 3 episodes in before I gave it a look.  By the time we were at ep 5 of 1883, I looked much more forward to 1883 than Yellowstone.  I couldn’t get enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: