VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 11:02:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went to the ....  (Read 4697 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:36:14 EST »

Eagles concert last night! One word to describe it would be  ! These guys were freaking awesome, they sound like you're listening to the radio. I'm amazed at jut how good they are live. One of the highlights of my life!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:30 EST »

Seeing the Eagles live has always been on my bucket list (even before it was called a bucket list  ). I didn't get tickets to last night's concert because it was on a Wednesday night and I didn't want to miss church for it, but hopefully they'll be back within quick driving distance someday. I've always heard they put on an outstanding concert.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:31:30 EST »

Coworker of mine went and loved it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:48:35 EST »

Saw them in Knoxville about 10 years ago.  I was worried that since they have SO much material, they'd leave out some of my favorites- but they didn't miss a thing.  They played all of the Eagles' hits, AND all of their solo stuff.  Must have played at least 4 hours.  And the only song that wasn't studio quality was "Take It To The Limit", and that only because Randy Meisner wasn't with them anymore, and Glenn just couldn't hit those high notes.  All in all, it was an awesome show.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:55:12 EST »

Saw them in Knoxville about 10 years ago.  I was worried that since they have SO much material, they'd leave out some of my favorites- but they didn't miss a thing.  They played all of the Eagles' hits, AND all of their solo stuff.  Must have played at least 4 hours.  And the only song that wasn't studio quality was "Take It To The Limit", and that only because Randy Meisner wasn't with them anymore, and Glenn just couldn't hit those high notes.  All in all, it was an awesome show.

I thought Timothy B. Schmit sang all the old Randy Meisner vocals now.    Has he not returned after his operation (throat and neck) earlier this year?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:12:23 EST »

I thought Timothy B. Schmit sang all the old Randy Meisner vocals now.    Has he not returned after his operation (throat and neck) earlier this year?

Well like I said, it was 10 years ago when I saw them.  Back then Glenn did TITTL, and had to take it down an octave.  Maybe TBS is doing those vocals now.  He has that kind of range, but I doubt he can match Meisner's power.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:24:57 EST »

Well like I said, it was 10 years ago when I saw them.  Back then Glenn did TITTL, and had to take it down an octave.  Maybe TBS is doing those vocals now.  He has that kind of range, but I doubt he can match Meisner's power.

Maybe I'll check them out on March 1 and let you know.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:06:52 EST »

I posted this on FB a while back, but do you realize that next year will mark 20 years since The Eagles reunited?  And that they have now been reunited for over twice as long as they were originally together?  Damn, that makes me feel old.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:49 EST »

I dated a girl in the early 70's when I was in the Navy that every time she heard a Eagles song she would.......ummm.......she......well. She really like Eagles music.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:52:01 EST »

I saw them a few yrs back in DC and they did a killer version of Hotel CA.  And they played just about all of their popular songs in that concert as well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 03:58:41 EST »

I saw them back in 02 down in Biloxi.  Awesome show, but Joe Walsh wasn't playing all his guitar solos and sounded lame when he did.  They had a backup guitarist step in to finish several times.  I guess he was just out of practice at the time.  It didn't bother me...I'm not a huge fan of him particularly, just the group and the songs all sounded fine.  I think Timothy Schmitt did do TITTL, but I can't recall for sure.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:52 EST »

I dated a girl in the early 70's when I was in the Navy that every time she heard a Eagles song she would.......ummm.......she......well. She really like Eagles music.

Suppose you had an old '55 to watch the sun rise back then, huh?

Folks would be quite suprised to know the Eagles had a banjo player back then. Still one of my favorites is "Dualin' Daltons Reprise". The original "Desperado" is a great peice of music as well.I love those two albumns.

G   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 04:44:29 EST »

Suppose you had an old '55 to watch the sun rise back then, huh?

Folks would be quite suprised to know the Eagles had a banjo player back then. Still one of my favorites is "Dualin' Daltons Reprise". The original "Desperado" is a great peice of music as well.I love those two albumns.

G   

67 Plymouth.....Bad boy too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: