VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 08:01:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FeelsLike98 just tweeted . . .  (Read 12362 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:12:45 EDT »

. . . that the announcement is coming midday tomorrow. Cites "our best source."

Who knows whether that's right or just a crazy rumor, but that seems to be as good a source of information as any these days.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:15:15 EDT »

Great.  And I thought Thursday was non-productive.   

Was off Friday...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:16:05 EDT »

Great.  And I thought Thursday was non-productive.   

Was off Friday...

Monday is my busiest day of the week. Soooooo . . . I'll probably working late tomorrow night.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:38:05 EDT »

Monday is my busiest day of the week. Soooooo . . . I'll probably working late tomorrow night.

I've only recently started following this guy... Is he normally pretty solid?
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:43:52 EDT »

I've only recently started following this guy... Is he normally pretty solid?

Well, he still takes flack for "breaking" the Shannon-to-UT stuff last year. But in this new era where the guys who used to be solid as a rock aren't anymore (Hyams, etc.) and some of the non-journalist sources seem to know as much or more than the guys getting paid for what they do, he seems to be as solid as anyone. JMO.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46:53 EDT »

The funny thing is if we'd gotten Shannon Dooley's job would be safe. Ditto for Ellis Johnson.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:48:32 EDT »

Well, he still takes flack for "breaking" the Shannon-to-UT stuff last year. But in this new era where the guys who used to be solid as a rock aren't anymore (Hyams, etc.) and some of the non-journalist sources seem to know as much or more than the guys getting paid for what they do, he seems to be as solid as anyone. JMO.

The Shannon thing seems to be ammo for a lot of posters out there.  
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:30 EDT »

If there's an announcement it will not announce a hiring. The firing will be it. That's IF there's an announcement.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:21 EDT »

If there's an announcement it will not announce a hiring. The firing will be it. That's IF there's an announcement.

Yup.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 05:02:12 EDT »

I think that's a given, and FL98 tweeted the same thing.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03:24 EDT »

But if they're going to announce the firing, you have to think that they're at least very far along in identifying his replacement.  Otherwise, no AD would be stupid enough to announce it now.  Well, maybe one (former) AD would.  

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 05:12:07 EDT »

But if they're going to announce the firing, you have to think that they're at least very far along in identifying his replacement.  Otherwise, no AD would be stupid enough to announce it now.  Well, maybe one (former) AD would.  

That's the way I see it, too.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 05:15:58 EDT »

I agree completely BDV and Vinnie. You don't can someone now if you don't have another deal set.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 05:36:18 EDT »

And kinda remind us to take Gruden with a grain, make it a block, of salt, because multiple sites reported Shannon as a sure thing done deal
The Shannon thing seems to be ammo for a lot of posters out there.  

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 05:48:37 EDT »

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 05:49:22 EDT »

LOL!!!!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 05:54:10 EDT »

One would think.
Creek Walker
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 02:46:31 EDT »

This morning he's backtracking, saying it isn't going to happen and blaming it on Cheek, with the implication that Cheek isn't willing to pony up the dough to make it happen.

That just sounds illogical to me. There's no way Hart would have been prepared to go forward with a public announcement in 12-13 hours if he hadn't already discussed it with Cheek. Scratch what I said about FL98 being as solid as anyone, I guess.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 02:51:16 EDT »

This morning he's backtracking, saying it isn't going to happen and blaming it on Cheek, with the implication that Cheek isn't willing to pony up the dough to make it happen.

That just sounds illogical to me. There's no way Hart would have been prepared to go forward with a public announcement in 12-13 hours if he hadn't already discussed it with Cheek. Scratch what I said about FL98 being as solid as anyone, I guess.

Good timing.   

I don't see how Cheek can be blamed, either.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 03:16:42 EDT »

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:34:17 EDT »

Exactly, Cheek has been involved from the beginning.  You don't go to your President 12 hours before the press conference. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 05:44:43 EDT »

Isn't Cheek hellbent on turning UT into Vanderbilt??
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 07:41:00 EDT »

Isn't Cheek hellbent on turning UT into Vanderbilt??

Let's hope not

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 07:41:39 EDT »

So far my hunch on Hart's strategy, such as it is, is correct.  Should be interesting to see the rest of the season play out.

Creek Walker
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 03:57:09 EDT »

I want to publicly apologize for suggesting that this guy was "solid." I listened to his, um, "podcast" tonight and there is no way that anyone in the UTAD is feeding this guy information. Absolutely no way. He's just throwing crap against the wall and hoping something sticks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: