VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 03:55:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oh no  (Read 3001 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:48:23 EDT »

http://m.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/oct/03/debby-jennings-suit-amended-to-include-pat/
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:09 EDT »

Didn't sound like much to me other than this person is still mad they got downsized.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:33 EDT »

I love Pat and hate to see this.  I can't help but wonder if she is being manipulated in some way.  What good is this going to do??
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:01:28 EDT »

If Hart did do this then he should be removed. You don't treat a living legend that way or anyone for that matter.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:42:18 EDT »

If Hart did do this then he should be removed. You don't treat a living legend that way or anyone for that matter.
He didn't.  Read the document carefully.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:45:22 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:42:55 EDT »

Didn't sound like much to me other than this person is still mad they got downsized.
you would be 100% correct.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19:23 EDT »

Fineslaum interviewed Chris Low on this yesterday, and Low said that Hart "inherited a bad situation".   Low said there was no way that Pat could coach this Fall, and it was time to take that hit.  Hart just happened to be there when it went down.  He also said Pat did not appear to resist the move based on her public stance at the time.

Another thing I noticed, even from that article, is that the plaintiff mentions the Lady Vol logo and brand.   Combining the athletic departments is something Hart also inherited.  This appears to be part of her gripe.  It's possible that Pat resisted this move behind the scenes as long as she could and this is spillover from that, but that's just rank speculation on my part.

Frankly, my uninformed opinion is that it's going to come down to a determination of whether she was insubordinate or not, and IMUO that's a judgement call that's hard to make for anyone.  A jury can be persuaded though.

Also, there is a hint that she is claiming discrimination, perhaps on a sexual preference basis, but short of Hart sending her an email stating "I am letting you go because you're a CMD (put your own favorite sexual preference slur here) and I don't like that", I don't think she has a case. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 04:25:21 EDT »

And now it has made national news on CNN.

I don't know whether he "forced" her out or not. But it was probably time for her to step down. I don't see any way the program could continue being run the way it was last year. I hate it for her and I hate it for UT. So whether she was actually forced out or not, I expect Hart had to make it clear things could not continue as it was.

Nothing ever comes easily at The University of Tennessee.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: