VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 03:59:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hear me out please. Dooley is the anti-kiffin. Therein lies his fault.  (Read 1289 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:24:00 EST »

We all know what a douche kiffin was but he could inspire young players with his schtick. He was full of bluster and false bravado. Dooley is 180 from that. Maybe he keeps it too real? Maybe he is too business like in his approach? I think this more than anything is his greatest fault if you can call it a fault. What is the one thing all great coaches have? An ability to get young men to play to their potential and sometimes beyond that. How much of that have we seen this year? Is that Dooley? Is that weak minded players? Are the players like us and just grown weary of nothing going their way?

Hope springs eternal and we will know more about staff changes after signing day. I think Chaney can design a nice passing scheme but it doesn't appear he adjusts really well. Our o-line has been a big disappointment running the ball. Is that the coach? Lack of talent? Would a good rb inspire them to do better?

Like it or not, care or not Dooley will be here unless he steps down which I don't see. It has been discussed before and I think he has to stay one more year regardless. He has helped to restock us and as bitter a season that we had many of us had saw this as a possibility this year. I am still not happy about it but I am not as disgusted as I will be if we have a repeat of it next year. We have to win 8 or 9 next year or at least 8 and very competitive in the losses. That would be progress.

Oh well.......lets see what recruiting and the off season brings us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: