VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:46:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Todd Helton's Rockies jersey retired today...........  (Read 2072 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:23:57 EDT »

Way to go, #17!

Anyone know what he's doing now? Herb?

G
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 02:59:59 EDT »

He's being a Dad and loving it.  I"m happy for him that he retired while they are still young enough for him not to have missed their entire growing up period.   

Saw him back in the spring when he was in for a family visit.  Same Todd that I remember as a 14 year old kid. 

Here is a good newspaper story from yesterday that I stole from T-Boz's site:

http://www.timescall.com/sports/ci_26351117/todd-helton-enjoying-golf-hunting-retirement

Todd really enjoys living in Colorado. Looks like he is going to stay there and raise his family. 

On a related note, his Uncle Joel, who was his high school football coach at Central, isn't doing well.  He's been battling cancer for a while now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:21:46 EDT »

He's being a Dad and loving it.  I"m happy for him that he retired while they are still young enough for him not to have missed their entire growing up period.   

Saw him back in the spring when he was in for a family visit.  Same Todd that I remember as a 14 year old kid. 

Here is a good anewspaper story from yesterday that I stole from T-Boz's site:

http://www.timescall.com/sports/ci_26351117/todd-helton-enjoying-golf-hunting-retirement

Todd really enjoys living in Colorado. Looks like he is going to stay there and raise his family. 

On a related note, his Uncle Joel, who was his high school football coach at Central, isn't doing well.  He's been battling cancer for a while now. 

Thanks, Herb. An inquiring mind wanted to know.

I would imagine that the Denver area would be a sweet spot to retire with his love of the outdoors. Todd and Peyton are excellent reps for Tennessee to the community out there.

G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: