VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 01:31:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Grumor alert  (Read 5728 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2017, 12:56:04 EST »

Per Twitter Gruden will be da house tonight

Sightings of JG with Peyton in Calhoun's

Those that "believe" continue to do so
Those that don't contemplate the reality of what has occurred at the big house since their splash hire

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 01:16:57 EST »

I think he said as much on the Seattle sports talk show. It's possible he's just picking up his son to take on a business trip, but it seems to indicate some interest.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:21:12 EST »

IF he's in KNOXVILLE as is being reported, and IF he's not taking the head coaching job, then he's the biggest attention whore ever - and a fantastic troll. Maybe the best of all time.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:19:11 EST »

Calhouns now saying it wasn't him.  So either they don't know what Jon F'ing Gruden looks like, or someone told them to cool it.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 02:46:27 EST »

Calhouns now saying it wasn't him.  So either they don't know what Jon F'ing Gruden looks like, or someone told them to cool it.

Incredible. There is an inconclusive photo out there. Could well be Gruden in the photo imo. That said, sick of it. Bunch of "insider" trolls on the interwebz. What a weird fizzleing thing to do if you are in fact a Vol. Smh!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 02:51:00 EST »

And once again, then there is this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-interest-on-both-sides-between-jon-gruden-buccaneers/ar-BBF8E5H?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartanntp
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:51:48 EST »

Just read he's in Seattle preparing for MNF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 02:53:07 EST »

This just doesn't get old.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 03:43:01 EST »

If we don't get Gruden, I'm afraid that the UT fan base, being the UT fan base (The Legion of the Miserable) won't be happy with anyone we get.

I guess winning would cure all but I fear that overall enthusiasm would not greet the new coach.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 03:56:15 EST »

I still can't figure out this obsessive fascination with Gruden.....I just don't get it

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 04:24:23 EST »

He'd be an improvement, but I'd rather throw $7.5 at Patterson, Peterson, or Dantonio. Shoot, throw $5 at Leach.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 04:58:53 EST »

He'd be an improvement, but I'd rather throw $7.5 at Patterson, Peterson, or Dantonio. Shoot, throw $5 at Leach.
They won't come - Patterson comf and butt hurt - Peterson is a westy kind of guy

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 06:08:56 EST »

This just doesn't get old.   

You know, Lloyd DID end up getting the girl in that movie.  Just sayin'.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 06:30:18 EST »

I believe.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 07:55:10 EST »

You know, Lloyd DID end up getting the girl in that movie.  Just sayin'.

What movie did you watch??? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 05:23:15 EST »

What movie did you watch??? 

Okay, poor choice of words.  He didn't get the girl "in the movie", he got her in real life.  The point still stands.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 07:45:21 EST »

I still can't figure out this obsessive fascination with Gruden.....I just don't get it

I just want the "right guy" to get the job. I don't know who that is, but we will know he's the guy when he wins SECE & SEC championships here. I'll be ecstatic when we have found that guy.

Having said that, I think Gruden could possibly be that guy. I say this because I would think that he'd have a 'wow' effect that could help with recruiting (at least in the beginning - to sustain it be would have to win, of course). I would also expect that hiring him would mean that the powers at UT have agreed to pony up for a really good staff. I think the potential of a really good coaching staff might very well be the biggest upside for the Gruden hire.

Just my 2 pennies.

Have a great day!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 09:53:04 EST »

I just want the "right guy" to get the job. I don't know who that is, but we will know he's the guy when he wins SECE & SEC championships here. I'll be ecstatic when we have found that guy.

Having said that, I think Gruden could possibly be that guy. I say this because I would think that he'd have a 'wow' effect that could help with recruiting (at least in the beginning - to sustain it be would have to win, of course). I would also expect that hiring him would mean that the powers at UT have agreed to pony up for a really good staff. I think the potential of a really good coaching staff might very well be the biggest upside for the Gruden hire.

Just my 2 pennies.

Have a great day!

Well said.  "Wow" affect, the staff he would/could assemble with all of his ties in football, and as you said...it would be a clear indication that not only the money men but the AD and school administration are willing to lure a splash hire with big money.  And not only all this, but he has ties to the school and "gets" Tennessee football.  "Fit" is paramount.  Chip Kelly is a big name out there but I've maintained that I don't see Kelly as a fit here at all, not really at Florida either.  Just the way I've seen him carry himself, speak to media, and other things I've read...I don't see all that fitting in the Southeast.  Gruden, imo, fits and would be a "wow" hire both in publicity and among the majority of TN fans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:58:04 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:45 EST »

Okay, poor choice of words.  He didn't get the girl "in the movie", he got her in real life.  The point still stands.

Yeah.  Doesn't count.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: