VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 11:38:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between Butch and Dools.  (Read 3791 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:11:25 EDT »

Butch   

Dooley   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:31:49 EDT »

LOL!  I had forgotten that stupid sign...supposed to say "now here" but looks like "nowhere".  How appropriate.   

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:32:05 EDT »

LOL!  I had forgotten that stupid sign...supposed to say "now here" but looks like "nowhere".  How appropriate.   

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.   

Actually, I think the meaning is that opportunity is nowhere until you open the doors and opportunity is now here.  I thought it was kind of clever but I guess it could be misunderstood.

Wherever you go, there you are.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:53:40 EDT »

Actually, I think the meaning is that opportunity is nowhere until you open the doors and opportunity is now here.  I thought it was kind of clever but I guess it could be misunderstood.

Derek Dooley (when this first came about): “It’s all how you look at things,” Dooley said. “Any time in life, in football, when things happen to you, you have a choice on how you view it. Some people look at things in a real negative way, alright?  ‘The sky is falling.  I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this. It’s too hard.'  Those are the people that look at that phrase and say, ‘Opportunity is nowhere.’ ”

“But the people that have the right attitude and the right outlook — that no matter what happens in a game, no matter what happens on the field, no matter what happens to you in life, they view it as an opportunity to do great things — see, ‘Opportunity is now here.' ”

“So, of course, that’s what it's for.”
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:24 EDT »

Derek Dooley (when this first came about): “It’s all how you look at things,” Dooley said. “Any time in life, in football, when things happen to you, you have a choice on how you view it. Some people look at things in a real negative way, alright?  ‘The sky is falling.  I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this. It’s too hard.'  Those are the people that look at that phrase and say, ‘Opportunity is nowhere.’ ”

“But the people that have the right attitude and the right outlook — that no matter what happens in a game, no matter what happens on the field, no matter what happens to you in life, they view it as an opportunity to do great things — see, ‘Opportunity is now here.' ”

“So, of course, that’s what it's for.”

Oh okay...interesting...but apparently doofus didn't manage to open the door.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 11:54:04 EDT »

Did you guys listen to the CALL IN SHOW AFTER THE WKU game??  Fuad Reveiz called Dooley out and referred to him as COACH DUFUS...I was glad to hear someone talk about how he disrespected a lot of people and players....

Go Big Orange.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 02:30:36 EDT »

Did you guys listen to the CALL IN SHOW AFTER THE WKU game??  Fuad Reveiz called Dooley out and referred to him as COACH DUFUS...I was glad to hear someone talk about how he disrespected a lot of people and players....

Fuad was not a Fooley supporter.  I know Fuad and discussed this with him in 2010 and he said Fooley was not his choice. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 03:27:54 EDT »

Fuad was not a Fooley supporter.  I know Fuad and discussed this with him in 2010 and he said Fooley was not his choice. 

Dooley wasn't anyone's choice!  He was the gum stuck at the bottom of the dumpster dive.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: