VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:29:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd love to have the bossman back in this frame of mind  (Read 2045 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:46:51 EDT »

You know, I'm hyped. I just get the feeling that this season is really going to be something special. It's a different feeling for me; usually I am the biggest pessimist you'll find. I don't talk trash that much, because I don't always believe it. But I feel like we're about to witness some very special moments. No, I'm not predicting anything. But I think this team is about to come together in a big time way, relying on one another and buying into the team concept. I loved Peyton, but maybe it's good that he has moved on. Guys, we're being overlooked. UGa is down, Auburn is down, Alabama is down, even Florida may be down on offense. Why can't this be our year? Why can't we win it all?

Maybe they'll win it all for John. Such a great broadcaster, such a great fan, such a great man deserves the accolades that we give him.

Maybe they'll win it for Coach Fulmer, and get the critics off his back, making a statement to the world : Hey, the man can coach!!

Maybe they'll win it for Rodney Garner. That would send a message.

Maybe they'll win it for Coach Steve Olin Spurrier, and all of those damn Orlando jokes would become an unpleasant memory.

Maybe they'll win it for every Vol fan who's watched a game in the rain. Or waited hours for a Vol Walk. Or lived an entire fall eating smokey dogs and drinking out of plastic cups. Or gotten up at 3 in the morning to drive to a 11:00 kickoff. Or talked glowingly about Eric Brown as if he were their child after blocking an Alabama punt.

Maybe they'll win it for every Vol fan who has named a pet Smokey. Or a child Peyton. Or hasn't missed a game since 1969. Or makes Rocky Top the startup wav on their pc.

Maybe they'll win it for every Vol fan who has played football as a child in the yard, dreaming that he was Andy Kelly. Or Carl Pickens. Or Condredge Holloway. Or Johnny Majors. Or Jeff Powell.

Maybe they'll win it for every Vol fan who has stood up, looked someone in the eye, and said, "I'm proud to be a UT football Maniac."

Maybe they'll win it; maybe they won't. Now that I think of it, maybe it doesn't matter as much as I thought it did. They're still My Vols.... even though I never played on the team, I'm a member.
And if they do win it, maybe they'll do it for the best reason of all. Maybe they'll win it for themselves.

Maybe

It is STILL Great to be a Tennessee VOL!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:33 EDT »

He was waxing prophetic that day, wasn't he? 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:00:29 EDT »

He was waxing prophetic that day, wasn't he? 
If we were doing HOF posts back in the day I'm thinking it might have made the cut

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:21 EDT »

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:12:25 EDT »

I used to be positive like that once upon a time.  And in the words of the immortal Johnny Cash...."perhaps I may become a highwayman again".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: