VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 06:25:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: With all the NCAA talk here is my .02  (Read 4567 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:52:05 EDT »

If we are already in then this does not matter. However, and more likely I think, is that we will need to win not 1 but 2 games to get in. 1 game does give us 20 wins, but the 2nd game (if we win the 1st) is against a team we are on the bubble with. In keeping with that idea I think we will have to beat bama to get in. Do that and we are a lock. Lose, then I would not be shocked if they take our place.

I know we have an edge in some categories but I am thinking we need to win this head to head to get us in 4 sure.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:10:37 EDT »

One win should be enough to seal the deal, I think.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:14:52 EDT »

Virginia beating Maryland yesterday hurts us.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:35 EDT »

I think we are in regardless, but a win would help seeding.

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:34:23 EDT »

With a couple of upsets in mid major conference tourneys along with UVA's beating Maryland, I'm not so sure we are in.  I believe we need to win at least one came in the SEC tourney to get back in.  Two would seal the deal. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 05:32:55 EDT »

IMO right now we aren't in.....Got to win 1 maybe 2 in the SECT.....And with our history in the SECT that's not a given.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 05:35:21 EDT »

With a couple of upsets in mid major conference tourneys along with UVA's beating Maryland, I'm not so sure we are in.  I believe we need to win at least one came in the SEC tourney to get back in.  Two would seal the deal. 

I won't feel good without two. A lot of games have hurt us in the last few days and our metrics are just borderline.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 05:53:17 EDT »

Yep. I fear that two losses to UGA and two to Ole Miss are going to come back and bite us in the butt in a big way. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 05:55:20 EDT »

Yep. I fear that two losses to UGA and two to Ole Miss are going to come back and bite us in the butt in a big way. 

I agree, but even with those if we just make two more FTs and beat Georgetown we'd be a lock right now. It can be maddening to look back when you're on the bubble.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 06:06:32 EDT »

Plus add to the fact Maryland got beat by UVA and they were 9th on the list of first teams out IIRC....MTSU got upset and they are 28-5 with a 27th ranked RPI. IMO it's going to be hard to leave MTSU out even with their sorry SOS.

Things like this happen every year where a few teams upset the apple cart, so being on the bad side of the bubble like we are all you can do is win games.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 06:14:45 EDT »

MTSU got upset and they are 28-5 with a 27th ranked RPI. IMO it's going to be hard to leave MTSU out even with their sorry SOS.

They have two good wins and two bad losses, and their best win is over Ole Miss. I understand that 28 wins look mighty nice but you have to prove that you belong with tournament teams in order to get in as an at-large. At best they have one win against a tourney team, and Ole Miss is on the bubble. Missouri State was left out three times with an RPI better than #40, and that's the reason why. So I am holding out hope that MTSU doesn't steal a bid from somebody who as already proven they belong on the floor with tourney teams.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:43 EDT »

Obviously I really want TN to get in, and I'll be surprised if we do going by our recent luck.

That being said, I love the NCAA Tourney.  I'm not as big a fan of NCAA bball as I am CFB, but the NCAA tourney is the best and most exciting event in sports IMO.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:38:59 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 06:33:02 EDT »

That being said, I love the NCAA Tourney.  I'm not as big a fan of NCAA bball as I am CFB, but the NCAA tourney is the best and most exciting even in sports IMO.

Yep. This will be the 2nd year in a row that I will take Thursday and Friday afternoon off to watch round 1, whether UT is in it or not. The whole tourney is fun but opening weekend is the best 4 days in sports, IMO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: