VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 04:18:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bowling Green was the team that gave up 644 RUSHING yards to wisky last year  (Read 3567 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:45:23 EDT »

http://www.philsteele.com/fbsinfo/TeamPages/mac/bowlinggreen.html

Can't wait.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:38:01 EDT »

mention us fans, a false indication of our ability. I'd rather they fall after we had really been tested.                 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:01:04 EDT »

mention us fans, a false indication of our ability. I'd rather they fall after we had really been tested.                 

I disagree. I think our guys need confidence more than anything.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:08 EDT »

I disagree. I think our guys need confidence more than anything.

bowl win they should have confidence, I would be more concerned that coming out of fall camp and a summer full of pump weights and getting strong that they might come out and go through BG like a hot knife through butter and then expect to do the same to OK and get a smack down. I'd prefer they played someone that could give them a good game, not too good mind you, and they'd go into the OK game with a better feel for the effort it will take to beat them. I don't think we're lacking confidence so much right now as an understanding of the effort it takes (perseverance and tenacity), and mental toughness, for 60 minutes to beat the really good teams.           
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 10:29:36 EDT »

BG is where corch herban got started.  For that reason alone, I want to hang 100 on them.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 12:35:36 EDT »

Beat the hell out of them.

Beat the hell out of everybody. 
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 05:15:19 EDT »

I don't think we will have to worry about the effort by UT against OU...Most of our guys are returning and have the memory of that loss in their mind..They already know what it's gonna take to beat OU but will have the experience and the home crowd to get it done this year..
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 07:25:25 EDT »

Volman, you make a good point, but you might be overthinking this.

In recent years past, we might have doubts about our ability to beat Bowling Green at all, I don't care how bad they are.

For a change, let's just enjoy what is likely to be an epic beatdown.   

I guess that you are worried that it doesn't test us enough against OU is progress.

Relax.  We will do much better.  That Stryker player they have is awesome but there is a world of difference between Dobbs and Worley in mobility.      Or heck, a freaking universe!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:26:02 EDT »

Beat the hell out of them.

Beat the hell out of everybody. 

This.

Times ten. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: