VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 04:42:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey y'all... regarding the pregame schedule...  (Read 3181 times)
VOLveeta
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:31 EDT »

is everything pretty much the same?  The band hits the spot next to the bridge around an hour and a half before kickoff, right... or am I crazy?  But I can't remember the timing of the Vol walk.  I'm bringing a buddy who's never experienced a college game before and I wanna show it to him the right way.

Gracias
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 07:38:36 EDT »

The Vol Walk starts 2:15 before kickoff (3:45 p.m. tomorrow). The bridge is no more. It was torn down for new construction. The band currently follows the same route as the Vol Walk down Peyton Pass. I'm not sure if that's permanent or just until Andy Holt is reopened once construction is finished.
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:28 EDT »

THE BRIDGE IS GONE?!?!?  Well crap.  Can you at least watch from the top of the parking garage?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:35 EDT »

Volvetta, if you are talking about the parking garage next to the Student Center, it is gone also.  It is a hole in the ground because the new Student Union will be built there.
VOLveeta
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:51:25 EDT »

TURDBURGERS!!!  Well, that kills that great vantage point.  So you pretty much gotta get a front row seat on the curb or watch from the hill, right?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:05:19 EDT »

If you go ahead and go into Neyland, there are great views from the ramps leading up to the second level on the northwest corner.  Not as up close and personal, of course.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 08:21:50 EDT »

Your friend has never been to a football game before, and you're gonna start him off with Neyland?  He may have sensory overload. 
VOLveeta
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:49:24 EDT »

Well, he's been to NFL games... but we all know how that pales in comparison.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:49 EDT »

Well, he's been to NFL games... but we all know how that pales in comparison.

Almost a diff sport in terms of live setting!     Be sure to let us know how your pal likes it!
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 11:59:29 EDT »

My neighbor is a life long Vols fan but he and his wife has never been to a game so we are taking them tomorrow. I always enjoy taking diehard UT fans to their first game and seeing their reaction. Too bad the opponent isn't higher profile than APSU so the atmosphere is more festive but the fan base is so ready for the Butch era to begin that it might not matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: