VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:52:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bama fans are saying "you have to have a game like this"  (Read 3188 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:38 EST »

You know, one where you under perform but pull it out.  Because that usually happens to MNC teams.

Horse manure!   They got EXPOSED by LSU.  LSU is one of the better teams in the country, true, but the drop off from there on bama's schedule is tremendous.  Michigan is at best above average.  I think their most impressive win was MSU, but we all know that MSU was greatly overated, a point just driven home by Tamu yesterday.  From there take your pick of Ole MIss or Tennessee as the next toughest, and that says it all.

Prior to playing LSU, here is their SEC "schedule"  Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, MSU and Missouri.  What a freaking JOKE.  They managed to avoid USCe, uga and Florida, easily the three "tough" teams in the East.   I am almost positive that Slive is slanting the schedule to ensure an SEC team in the BCS, but what can you do.

"you have to have a game like that". Horse crap!   I think Tamu is going to give them all they can handle.  Unfortunately they will almost certainly face UGA in the SECCG and UGA will be a big dog (no pun intended).

Which is why I hope Oregon wins out, and I will definitely be rooting for them if it comes down to it.  Just this morning on ESPN radio, a huge bammer fan admitted that Oregon scared him.  Which is truly amazing....

Screw this "pull for the SEC" crap.  Hate bammer!  Hate bammer!  Hate bammer!  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:09:42 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:11:49 EST »

You know, one where you under perform but pull it out.  Because that usually happens to MNC teams.

Horse manure!   They got EXPOSED by LSU.  LSU is one of the better teams in the country, true, but the drop off from there on bama's schedule s tremendous.  Michigan is at best above average.  I think their most impressive win was MSU, but we all know that MSU was greatly overated, a point just driven home by Tamu yesterday.  From there take your pick of Ole MIss or Tennessee as the next toughest, and that says it all.

Prior to playing LSU, here is their SEC "schedule"  Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, MSU and Missouri.  What a freaking JOKE.  They managed to avoid USCe, uga and Florida, easily the three "tough" teams in the East.   I am almost positive that Slive is slanting the schedule to ensure an SEC team in the BCS, but what can you do.

"you have to have a game like that". Horse crap!   I think Tamu is going to give them all they can handle.  Unfortunately they will almost certainly face UGA in the SECCG and UGA will be a big dog (no pun intended).

Which is why I hope Oregon wins out, and I will definitely be rooting for them if it comes down to it.  Just this morning on ESPN radio, a huge bammer fan admitted that Oregon scared him.  Which is truly amazing....

Screw this "pull for the SEC" crap.  Hate bammer!  Hate bammer!  Hate bammer!   

Alabama will still overpower Georgia in the SECCG and Oregon in the BCSCG.Georgia and Oregon are soft

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:23:46 EST »

Alabama will still overpower Georgia in the SECCG and Oregon in the BCSCG.Georgia and Oregon are soft

They have to get past Tamu first.  I expect the Aggies to give them a game. They are, by far, the second best team on bammer's schedule this year.

Tamu has only lost to UF and LSU, and by less than a TD to both....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:27:55 EST »

As for Oregon, I truly don't believe bammer will come anywhere near overpowering them.  Oregon held it's own against Auburn in their game.  You might suggest Auburn of 2009 was not as good as bammer this year, but I think the jury is out on that one.  I would argue that Auburn faced a much tougher schedule in 2009 than bammer's this year.

If it does come down to Oregon vs. bammer...I will be looking forward to seeing it.  My opinion of Saban's comments on the spread is below somewhere.  Short version...he just don't wanna face it.   

Buck fama anyway.....

VOLveeta
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:12:57 EST »

I hate Bama as much as anybody, but I have to admit, that winning drive was kick ass!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 12:13:34 EST »

I hate Bama as much as anybody, but I have to admit, that winning drive was kick ass!

It was a Chavis special....

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 12:43:53 EST »

exposed by LSU? LSU is a very good team with outstanding athletes.

Bama will make it to the NC game. I hope Oregon beats them

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:29 EST »

That last drive by Bama was incredible.  They will steamroll their way to the BCS title game.  I'd like to see them and Oregon.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 01:22:06 EST »

exposed by LSU? LSU is a very good team with outstanding athletes.

I know. I am saying when they face a real team, not so impressive.  Also playing up the contrast between LSU and the rest of their schedule so far.  Tamu should be an interesting game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: