VTTW Board Index
May 30, 2024, 03:08:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy  (Read 7936 times)
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:25:12 EST »

Not impressed by Dave Hart's search... but he would be a great fit for the Vols...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:34:14 EST by GeneVols » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:27 EST »

I still believe.

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:24 EST »

Count me in!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:35:45 EST »

Eff him...I want Strong!
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:19:04 EST »

Tenacious D at 8th Maxim just posted... Gruden to Tennessee is Done Will be announced today or tomorrow, at the latest.

100%
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:27:01 EST »

Who is Tenacious D?
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 07:28:10 EST »

Who is Tenacious D?

If I am not mistake he is the owner/moderator of 8thmaxim, he has been sticking by his Gruden story since the beginning.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:02 EST »

Who is Tenacious D?

A crack smoker
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:06 EST »

There were a few over on VN that began giving signs of good news before the site crashed. 

Defiantely not booring today.
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:17 EST »

I love it.  TOS which was home base for much of the Grudenmania is down.  I guess the frenzy from Tenacious D's post smoked their server!  Or is there other Gruden related fast breaking news?
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:26 EST »

There were a handful of the looked upon posters for Gruden information that started going crazy with coded symbols and comments just before the 8th information hit.  From there, I don't know.  It crashed.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:58:30 EST »

I want to know how they explain the fact that Strong is mulling over a UT offer if Gruden is to be announced today or tomorrow.

I honestly don't understand how any rational person can believe it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 08:02:08 EST »

I want to know how they explain the fact that Strong is mulling over a UT offer if Gruden is to be announced today or tomorrow.

Don't you know that Strong mulling over a offer is just a smokescreen... hahaha
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 08:04:56 EST »

Confirmation bias is a strange and wonderful thing.   See it when you believe it.   I'm fallin for it too, even tho I know I shouldn't.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 08:08:21 EST »

Don't you know that Strong mulling over a offer is just a smokescreen... hahaha

Apparently Charlie doesn't know that.

I can hear it now... "Dave? This is Charlie Strong. I'm ready to accept your offer... I'd like to be the next coach at Tennessee. What? What do you mean it wasn't a real offer??"

This is madness. It's one thing to buy into Gruden when no interviews have been done and no offers have been made, and it would be different if Strong had already turned Tennessee down yesterday and they decided to go back and put the full court press on Gruden. But another coach has an offer and his school is working on a counter offer. People have to be smarter.

I'm not even saying that Gruden is completely impossible. This search is similar to what happened with Alabama and Saban, so it's possible that Hart could say "fizzle it" and just throw $80 million at Gruden. But that's not going to happen until we miss on Strong.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:12:24 EST »

Apparently Charlie doesn't know that.

I can hear it now... "Dave? This is Charlie Strong. I'm ready to accept your offer... I'd like to be the next coach at Tennessee. What? What do you mean it wasn't a real offer??"

This is madness. It's one thing to buy into Gruden when no interviews have been done and no offers have been made, and it would be different if Strong had already turned Tennessee down yesterday and they decided to go back and put the full court press on Gruden. But another coach has an offer and his school is working on a counter offer. People have to be smarter.

I'm not even saying that Gruden is completely impossible. This search is similar to what happened with Alabama and Saban, so it's possible that Hart could say "fizzle it" and just throw $80 million at Gruden. But that's not going to happen until we miss on Strong.

I have been told we asked to speak to Kirby Smart.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:56 EST »

I have been told we asked to speak to Kirby Smart.

Well, if you whiff on Gruden, Strong, Gundy, etc, he's just as good as Fedora.

All I know is they better win soon no matter who the coach is or my interests are going elsewhere. Always a Vol, but not investing so much time and emotion into something so frustrating.

Creek Walker
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 08:17:41 EST »

All I know is they better win soon no matter who the coach is or my interests are going elsewhere. Always a Vol, but not investing so much time and emotion into something so frustrating.

Fedora had a 10-win season at Southern Miss and led UNC to its first winning ACC season in 7 years. Proven vs. unproven.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 08:19:52 EST »

I'm right there with ya.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 08:20:23 EST »

Fedora had a 10-win season at Southern Miss and led UNC to its first winning ACC season in 7 years. Proven vs. unproven.

He inherited a Southern Miss program that was in really good shape and the year after he left it, it went 0-12. 0-12 means devoid of talent. That's the one thing that I can't get past.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:31 EST »

Who is Tenacious D?

Just one of the many people being mocked in the wonderful video that 101st posted below.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: