VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 07:43:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news, Vinnie......  (Read 3325 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:00 EST »

Your favorite fast-food sandwhich is back!   

G
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:38 EST »

Pork prices must be low.   

Here's a fascinating read on the McRib's birth, ingredients, and why it comes and goes:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/October-2011/The-Invention-of-the-McRib-and-Why-It-Disappears-from-McDonalds/
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:52:28 EST »

I only ate a McSlimmy err McRib once.  Thought it was the worst excuse for a pork product I every tried to eat.  I cannot for the life of me figure why they keep bringing it back.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:56:58 EST »

I only ate a McSlimmy err McRib once.  Thought it was the worst excuse for a pork product I every tried to eat.  I cannot for the life of me figure why they keep bringing it back.

I have to agree with you....yuck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:00:53 EST »

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:02:29 EST »

Probably because it has a cult following and those people will buy it. McDonald's isn't likely to do something that isn't in the best interest of their bottom line.

I'm not a fan of the McRib. But I sure do like the new McQuarter-Pounders and McChicken McSandwiches!

I just finished eating a McApple Pie and a diet McCoke, in fact.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:38:29 EST »

Pork prices must be low.   

Here's a fascinating read on the McRib's birth, ingredients, and why it comes and goes:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/October-2011/The-Invention-of-the-McRib-and-Why-It-Disappears-from-McDonalds/

You just make me chuckle, my friend! I don't think for a minute I would have opened that link had I come across it. However, pork prices have been quite good this summer and late fall. I've been getting pork butts (know why they call the front shoulder the butt? Because the rear quarter goes by the name ham!) for about $1.39 - $1.59/lbs. Karen's church has been tearing it up with the BBQ's this year dong pot-luck after the service. Plus, the US127 longest yard sale was used for revenue.

G

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:48:34 EST »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: