VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 02:53:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice call, Yoko...  (Read 3888 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:04:35 EST »

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7546795/tom-brady-wife-gisele-bundchen-blasts-new-england-patriots-receivers

New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker was so upset over dropping a crucial pass late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 21-17 loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, he nearly started crying at the podium.

Welker isn't going to get any pity from quarterback Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, though.

After her prayers for a Patriots' championship went unanswered, Bunchen lashed out at the team's receiving corps for failing to haul in her husband's passes. While waiting for an elevator at Lucas Oil Stadium, Bundchen was being heckled by Giants fans when she spoke to people in her group.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," Bundchen said in a video captured by theinsider.com, a gossip website.

Wide receiver Deion Branch and tight end Aaron Hernandez dropped passes on New England's final drive.

After the game, Welker said he let the team down when he failed to come up with a Brady pass he says he catches "1,000 times."

"Wes is a phenomenal player and a teammate," Brady said. "I love that guy."

If only his supermodel wife felt the same way.

Bundchen made headlines leading into the game when the press received an email she sent urging her close family and friends to pray for Brady on Sunday.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:11:22 EST »

It's pretty silly to run a story on her emotional to heckling, immediately after the game when she was minding her own business.

I'm not a Pats fan, and Brady had a far from perfect game, but those drops late in the game were back breakers.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:49 EST »

Other than the Hernandez drop, and the others were poorly thrown balls...not saying uncatchable, but not good throws.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:35:14 EST »

Other than the Hernandez drop, and the others were poorly thrown balls...not saying uncatchable, but not good throws.
Agree, Hernandez was the only "pure" drop and he got caught peeking up field too early.  The others were behind the receivers a bit.  Should they have been caught, probably but it would not have been an easy catch.  I think the first to Branch on the final drive may have been tipped, just enough to change the trajectory.  The pass on the earlier drive the receiver had to tie himself into a knot and make a Tyree type catch.  The receiver thinks he should have caught it but it was a tough catch to make.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:58:19 EST »

On the Welker drop, the most significant drop, Brady actually made the right throw by throwing Welker open on the back shoulder.

Anytime you've got both hands on the ball, it should be a catch.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:00:28 EST »

On the Welker drop, the most significant drop, Brady actually made the right throw by throwing Welker open on the back shoulder.

I saw it differently, Welker had cleared the corner and had inside position, safety out of position, Brady could have hit Welker in stride, back shoulder was not the throw.  But that is my opinion, and doesn't mean it wasn't a catchable ball, it was, but tough catch on what I think was a bad throw.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:07 EST »

It was a tough catch to make, indeed.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:09:08 EST »

Missed catches on the final drive: 7 points

Intentional grounding in the endzone + giving Eli a short field: 9 points

Ms Brady perpetuating the stereotype:  Priceless

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:53 EST »

I thought the drop by Welker was a really tough catch...for him.  He's just not the most athletic WR around, he's a possession type receiver.  Most of his passes are on the numbers or in stride.  To make that catch, he had to turn around AND jump, and he ain't much of a jumper.  Just MO, but that pass was outside his usual comfort zone...and a bit off as well.

But whatevah....I'm just glad the Giants won.

As a person who spent the first 15 years of his life in Indiana that rooted for the Colts BEFORE Peyton got there, that was definitely a home game for the Giants.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: