VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 09:28:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two pics from "Back to the Future"  (Read 5771 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:42:22 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:14:08 EDT »

wow.  sure its not photo shop though?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 02:34:53 EDT »

No, haven't you seen the movies?
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 03:28:31 EDT »

The way the Cubs' sluggers are hitting, the way Arrieta is pitching, and the fact that the Cubs just beat MLB's only 100-game-winning team in four games in the NLDS, you have to think the Cubbies are the favorite to win the World Series at this point. It's a pretty remarkable coincidence if that happens.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:48:34 EDT »

The way the Cubs' sluggers are hitting, the way Arrieta is pitching, and the fact that the Cubs just beat MLB's only 100-game-winning team in four games in the NLDS, you have to think the Cubbies are the favorite to win the World Series at this point. It's a pretty remarkable coincidence if that happens.

If they do, I don't think our interstates are wide enough for that bandwagon.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:51:15 EDT »

If they do, I don't think our interstates are wide enough for that bandwagon.

You got that right!

I'll admit that this Cubs season has roped me back in as a baseball fan. I hadn't seriously watched much baseball since the McGuire/Sosa home run chase in '98 until this season. I followed the Cubs religiously as a kid and a teenager but they didn't make it much fun. This year has been fun again. Too bad Harry Caray isn't still around for this.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:53:49 EDT »

It is interesting how the move of a manager has impacted the two teams

Maybe the glasses are a factor ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:55:50 EDT »

I noticed that also last month while watching a replay of the movie on some cable channel lol..I remember watching it in the theater in west Nashville in 1985.I was 16 and on my first date with a tall beautiful girl I met while cruising Rivergate Mall in my '79 Camaro that I worked all summer to get..Awe memories  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 11:28:52 EDT »

No, haven't you seen the movies?

Well...yeah...IN 1985!!!!!

I did see it more than once on a Sci Fi channel marathon a couple years ago, but I don't recall that exact scene, though it seems very familiar.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 02:05:48 EDT »

Well...yeah...IN 1985!!!!!

I did see it more than once on a Sci Fi channel marathon a couple years ago, but I don't recall that exact scene, though it seems very familiar.

I was thinking the same thing.It has been a long time ago but the Cubs winning the W.S and the October 21,2015 date is actually from Back to the Future II in 1989..Something else prophetic to consider from that movie is that they have the Cubs beating Miami..There was not an MLB team in Miami in 1989..I just saw something on CNN talking about self lacing high top shoes like the ones in the movie will be available soon also..lol
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:28 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13902322/back-future-screenwriter-bob-gale-discusses-prediction-cubs-2015-world-series-champions
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 12:01:23 EDT »

I was thinking the same thing.It has been a long time ago but the Cubs winning the W.S and the October 21,2015 date is actually from Back to the Future II in 1989..Something else prophetic to consider from that movie is that they have the Cubs beating Miami..There was not an MLB team in Miami in 1989..I just saw something on CNN talking about self lacing high top shoes like the ones in the movie will be available soon also..lol

Interesting,...but still no self-levitating skateboards though. 

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 01:35:06 EDT »

Interesting,...but still no self-levitating skateboards though. 
Not so fast my friend.. lol  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSheVhmcYLA
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 01:43:17 EDT »

Not so fast my friend.. lol  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSheVhmcYLA

cool!  probably only good for a few minutes, but a nice start

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: