VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 12:18:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Put everything you can together and offer Urban Meyer a package  (Read 2573 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:20:46 EDT »

We need a guy who is a proven head coach at the highest levels, proven to get it done at several schools.

He himself said yesterday UT was a top 10 job

He is not coaching right now.

Pruitt isn't going to get it done. No more assistants, no more snake oil salesmen..

We need someone to come in here and destroy our culture right now, and that culture is finding ways to lose to shizzlety teams.
We have perfected the art of losing.

I don't care about Urban's past. He can come in and raise our level up and leave after 3-4 years

Go get Urban
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:24:24 EDT »

Why would Urban come to Tennessee if he left Ohio State because he couldn't handle the pressure there?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:24:53 EDT »

Never thought there'd come a day I'd say I'd be for it but, absolutely.  

I don't think there's any chance, just saying I would take it in a heartbeat.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 06:25:55 EDT »

Why would Urban come to Tennessee if he left Ohio State because he couldn't handle the pressure there?

It's a way diff kind of pressure though... at OSU it's CFB playoff or bust.  At TN, it would just be "don't suck" (at least initially).
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 06:30:20 EDT »

It's a way diff kind of pressure though... at OSU it's CFB playoff or bust.  At TN, it would just be "don't suck" (at least initially).

Maybe. I'm like you, though. Always hated Meyer, think he's a grade-A jerk. But right now I'd salivate over the possibility of him being head coach at Tennessee.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 06:46:44 EDT »

With our team right now Meyer would have chest pains before the 2nd game.

Meyer wouldn't come for 15 million....He'd have to face Saban once every year and most likely twice if we ever had the pleasure of making it to a SECCG. Not happening!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 06:51:53 EDT »

That isn't why he left

Besides....he can come in and rebuild us and then leave like he did UF, Ohio state, Utah, and Bowling Green. Leave the program with better talent.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 06:52:47 EDT »

Never thought there'd come a day I'd say I'd be for it but, absolutely.  

I don't think there's any chance, just saying I would take it in a heartbeat.

I am totally for it. We need that kind of hire. Not saying it will happen but I would like to see it

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 06:54:05 EDT »

He has rebuilt teams everywhere he has gone. BG, Utah, UF, OSU. The man is a jerk, but he can freaking coach.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 07:54:46 EDT »

With our team right now Meyer would have chest pains before the 2nd game.

Meyer wouldn't come for 15 million....He'd have to face Saban once every year and most likely twice if we ever had the pleasure of making it to a SECCG. Not happening!

He did destroy Saban a few seasons ago.  He might relish the challenge.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 08:19:03 EDT »

He did destroy Saban a few seasons ago.  He might relish the challenge.

He had hell of a lot of talent at FL when he beat Saban....and a stud QB that Saban at that point had not figured out how to stop or stop that type offense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 08:23:29 EDT »

He had hell of a lot of talent at FL when he beat Saban....and a stud QB that Saban at that point had not figured out how to stop or stop that type offense.

Hm.  I'm talking about OSU.  His 2008 win with Florida is ancient history, not "a few years ago".  Sorry, thought it was obvious what I meant.   

My point being, that after being humiliated in 2009 by Saban he came  back and beat him at OSU, arguably a more difficult task.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:16 EDT »

Hm.  I'm talking about OSU.  His 2008 win with Florida is ancient history, not "a few years ago".  Sorry, thought it was obvious what I meant.   

My point being, that after being humiliated in 2009 by Saban he came  back and beat him at OSU, arguably a more difficult task.

Same situation....he had studs at OSU too. He wouldn't have gone to OSU if they were in the shape we are and the same at Florida. SOS didn't leave the coffers bare at FL by any means.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:40 EDT »

He couldn't handle the pressure at UF, for sure.  At OSU it was different.  He was actively under attack from the SJW crowd, which in retrospect, was not fair.  I enjoyed it at the time because as a former UF coach who helped destroy our program, and his pompous holier-than-thou-stick-up-his-butt attitude, I could not stand the guy and still can't.

But I will join the chorus of putting all that aside for the sake of the UT football program.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: