VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 12:44:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there so many empty seats at LSU?***  (Read 5553 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2014, 04:45:24 EDT »

`
Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:52:53 EDT »

Dunno.  They always support, win or lose

Just like UF
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:56:59 EDT »

Well, there are a lot of empty seats now. LSU loses to Mississippi State. At LSU. At night. 
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:04:24 EDT »

They had a record crowd to start the game..lol
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:25:19 EDT »

The crowd left as the whipping ensued..was funny to watch because they started with a record crowd....and by the 4th, was almost empty!  So much for true fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 06:38:08 EDT »

The crowd left as the whipping ensued..was funny to watch because they started with a record crowd....and by the 4th, was almost empty!  So much for true fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No comment.

BG

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:21:28 EDT »

When it comes down to it, all fanbases are alike.  Every program comes up with these platitudes like "Vol for life", "all in", "family", "in all kinds of weather", etc., but when the going gets tough, they'll all bail.  And when the going gets tough and STAYS that way for a few years, a lot of fans will stop showing up altogether.  Everyone has their breaking point, especially when they can watch at home on a 65" 4K TV.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:05:17 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:56 EDT »

When it comes down to it, all fanbases are alike.  Every program comes up with these platitudes like "Vol for life", "all in", "family", "in call kinds of weather", etc., but when the going gets tough, they'll all bail.  And when the going gets tough and STAYS that way for a few years, a lot of fans will stop showing up altogether.  Everyone has their breaking point, especially when they can watch at home on a 65" 4K TV.

True. If the shoe were on the other foot, we would walk without it out of the stadium too.

BG
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:38:33 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:18 EDT »

When it comes down to it, all fanbases are alike.  Every program comes up with these platitudes like "Vol for life", "all in", "family", "in call kinds of weather", etc., but when the going gets tough, they'll all bail.  And when the going gets tough and STAYS that way for a few years, a lot of fans will stop showing up altogether.  Everyone has their breaking point, especially when they can watch at home on a 65" 4K TV.

Btw, thinking of getting that exact 4k 65" Sony TV, but will hold off for price drops late this year. Almost bit the bullet and bought one a few weeks back.

BG
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 08:04:43 EDT »

Btw, thinking of getting that exact 4k 65" Sony TV, but will hold off for price drops late this year. Almost bit the bullet and bought one a few weeks back.

BG

Honestly, 4K isn't worth it unless you're getting a really, REALLY big TV.  Like 80" or above.  If I had 3 grand set aside to buy a TV, I would instead go for a 1080P OLED.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-55ec9300/

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 08:18:09 EDT »

Honestly, 4K isn't worth it unless you're getting a really, REALLY big TV.  Like 80" or above.  If I had 3 grand set aside to buy a TV, I would instead go for a 1080P OLED.

Probably so, but it's all guesswork at this point because of the lack of current 4k content, and just when more will be avaliable: that's still unanswered. Consumer Reports says hold off until anticipated price drops later this year or early next. While awesome, the OLED's I viewed were much more expensive than 3k.

Edited to say I just pulled up the link (thanks) and had not seen that model. Although only 55" and I wanted 65, I may just consider that model because of OLED which I think is awesome.

BG
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:23:45 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 08:35:19 EDT »

Honestly, 4K isn't worth it unless you're getting a really, REALLY big TV.  Like 80" or above.  If I had 3 grand set aside to buy a TV, I would instead go for a 1080P OLED.

You have to be close to see the difference, thus the larger the better. I saw it on a 55" and although some say you can only see the difference up to three feet away, it was clearly better from six to eight feet away, although they are using the very best 4k content for demonstration.

BG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: