VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:12:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vandy losing commitments  (Read 6133 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:29:09 EST »

4 star QB Carta Samuels, 4 star rB Wilbon, and 3 star OL Grainer

More to come. I think Sawyers will bolt.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:22 EST »

Wow.  Interesting to see how they do with Franklin taking most of his staff to Beaver Valley (or whatever that place is called). 

I have to say...with Franklin leaving and bammer shooting itself in the foot, this is one of the best offseason weeks for the Vols in quite some time.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:08 EST »

I know we're after Sawyers.  Anyone else we might be interested in?

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:37:28 EST »

I know we're after Sawyers.  Anyone else we might be interested in?

Certainly we'd be interested in 4 star DB Emmannuel Smith

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:24:26 EST »

It's funny... the last few years is the pinnacle for Vandy and the lowest of the low for us.  I hope their fans realize this someday soon.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 11:18:27 EST »

I hope their fans realize this someday soon.

Won't take long for all 5 of them to figure it out. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 11:19:42 EST »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 11:54:11 EST »

Nice.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:11 EST »

Seldom is a coach bigger than the program itself, but that was the case with Franklin at Vandy, even no longer than he had been there. He's a very good coach. Now we'll see if the extent of his talents is building programs from ashes or taking an already elite program to the pinnacle. Hopefully it's the former because I can't stomach the prick.

No way does Vandy's success sustain itself. Who they hire isn't gonna matter, unless they hit another home run hire like they did with Franklin. Even then, though, it's gonna be a short-termer until they develop a fan base. And if Franklin couldn't develop a fan base, I'm not sure what it's gonna take to do that.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 05:24:02 EST »

Up to 9 decommitments now, and two have flipped to Penn state. I would say I feel sorry for Vandy...but I don't.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:47 EST »

It's open season for Vandy's recruits and I'm sure the wolves are going to hunt! Good hunting to the Vols for nay talent they can get from Vandy.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 05:06:14 EST »

Seldom is a coach bigger than the program itself, but that was the case with Franklin at Vandy, even no longer than he had been there. He's a very good coach. Now we'll see if the extent of his talents is building programs from ashes or taking an already elite program to the pinnacle. Hopefully it's the former because I can't stomach the prick.

No way does Vandy's success sustain itself. Who they hire isn't gonna matter, unless they hit another home run hire like they did with Franklin. Even then, though, it's gonna be a short-termer until they develop a fan base. And if Franklin couldn't develop a fan base, I'm not sure what it's gonna take to do that.

Franklin is showing his true colors no matter how many games he won at Vandy.  He is a total scum bucket since he said at a Vandy Recruiting party two years ago:

It was less than two years ago that Franklin stood before a signing-day crowd supporters at Vanderbilt’s Student Life Center and said players who decommitted from his program were not “men of honor” and “men of integrity.” - Tennessean Article on 2014 Recruiting decommitments

Now Franklin has offered at least 8 or 9 recruits from Vandy's current class and two have already accepted the offer to PSU.  

So its only ok if Franklin gets kids to decommit and accept a scholarship to his current roosting place?  Franklin is showing that he is no better than Ed "YawYawYawFootball" Ogeron.....

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 03:13:48 EST »

I haven't been following that closely, and Rivals still doesn't show it (are they slow to react?), but I saw a comment from one of their fans on MrSEC that said they were down to 3 commits in this class.  Is that true?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 03:41:45 EST »

I haven't been following that closely, and Rivals still doesn't show it (are they slow to react?), but I saw a comment from one of their fans on MrSEC that said they were down to 3 commits in this class.  Is that true?

On rivals they went from ranked 26 to 52 over the weekend.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 02:20:51 EST »

On rivals they went from ranked 26 to 52 over the weekend.

Things are reverting to the norm.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:16 EST »

No that isn't true, but it is likely they will have a very poor class.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:01 EST »

I think that comes from articles like this: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140112/SPORTS0602/301120105/Analyst-James-Franklin-trying-destroy-Vanderbilt-recruiting-class?nclick_check=1

"On Saturday morning, Vanderbilt had 20 commitments and a 2014 football recruiting class that was ranked in the top 25 in the country."

"By Sunday night, a day after coach James Franklin left for Penn State, the Commodores had what one recruiting site called three solid commitments."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: