VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:34:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Cutcliffe guaranteed that he would be able to hire Chavis as his DC?  (Read 6583 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:42:31 EST »

Possibility?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:31 EST »

Who's recruiting?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:53 EST »

No

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:14 EST »

I'd say, "Enjoy Duke, Chief."
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:31 EST »

"Ain't got animals, ain't got no zoo."
-John McKay

The recruiting thing would bite that tandem. Fulmer ate it up in his prime.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:45 EST »

Who's recruiting?

They'll bring Fulmer back for that, as long as he guarantees his early effort rather than later effort.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 08:48:29 EST »

Who's recruiting?

We're bringing back Rodney Garner and Lance Thompson.  

I know it's probably contradictory after I posted about my lack of excitement with Patterson, but I could get behind Cutcliffe if it was a package deal with Chavis. Which is strange because I was dead set against Cutcliffe in 2010. That would certainly make me happier than hiring Kirby Smart or Tommy Tuberville.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:34 EST »

We're bringing back Rodney Garner and Lance Thompson.  

I know it's probably contradictory after I posted about my lack of excitement with Patterson, but I could get behind Cutcliffe if it was a package deal with Chavis. Which is strange because I was dead set against Cutcliffe in 2010. That would certainly make me happier than hiring Kirby Smart or Tommy Tuberville.

Lance sucks.

Cut with Chavis and Garner? That's better than Smart or Tuberville. I agree.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 08:53:40 EST »

I'd rather hire Clock or Vinnie than Smart or Cut.

Here's the thing. We shouldn't have to go far down our coaching list to make a hire and those guys (Clock, Vinnie, Cut and Smart) shouldn't be at the top.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:55 EST »

Possibility?

They did not get along...now Chief might come back for Fulmer...maybe we could get Tee away from the devil and get the band back together without Cut.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:34 EST »

I'd rather hire Clock or Vinnie than Smart or Cut.

fizzle yeah! Wishbone offense and 3-3-5 defense here we come. I just need to find my clipboard.

Here's the thing. We shouldn't have to go far down our coaching list to make a hire and those guys (Clock, Vinnie, Cut and Smart) shouldn't be at the top.

Aaw. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 09:02:18 EST »

The wishbone has just elevated you to #6 on the list provided your buyout isn't heinous.

Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 09:04:14 EST »

They did not get along...now Chief might come back for Fulmer...maybe we could get Tee away from the devil and get the band back together without Cut.

Well, I guess since we're going to rehire Pearl when Cuonzo leaves for Purdue, we might as well rehire Fulmer too. And maybe by the time Holly flunks out, Tyler Summitt will be ready to step into a head coaching role.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:05:23 EST »

provided your buyout isn't heinous.

6 pack of New Belgium 1554 and a pizza coupon. But it has to be a pretty good coupon.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:53 EST »

The contract will be worded to state "pretty good pizza coupon". That verbiage should close most loopholes - not that the buyout will ever be needed.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:44 EST »

6 pack of New Belgium 1554 and a pizza coupon. But it has to be a pretty good coupon.

Give Him a lifetime Starbucks gift card

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:58 EST »

No way. Just ask Mississippi about "Cut n run", they wouldn't have him back on a stack of money. Of course, it might depend upon how high that stack was!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 12:57:44 EST »

No way. Just ask Mississippi about "Cut n run", they wouldn't have him back on a stack of money. Of course, it might depend upon how high that stack was!

Cut did damn good with Eli Manning

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 01:47:21 EST »

I would have much preferred Cut to Dooley, then and now.

He's not my top choice, but better than some names mentioned.  Not sure who is, really.  I have listed Strong and would not be opposed to Patterson, maybe Riley, but whoever it is had better be able to recruit and coach.

Cut could definitely instill discipline and preparation and be a good game day coach.  Not sure about recruiting, but his staff could handle that, maybe.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: