VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 07:00:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staying with Worley is not good for team chemsitry  (Read 5837 times)
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:53:09 EDT »

This is just my opinion, but I'm right so a change better be made.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:56:29 EDT »

The only thing I will say about that is I hope they play better than Peterman. That was a disaster.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:57:20 EDT »

Maybe so, but let's win this game first

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 08:59:06 EDT »

How do you know how the team feels? 
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:03:57 EDT »

The only thing I will say about that is I hope they play better than Peterman. That was a disaster.

No one thought Peterman was worth a damn. Jones played him because he already knows Worley will not get it done. That, and it seems he's decided that these freshmen will not be playing if there is anyway he can help it. From my perspective, he seems to be pretty stubbornly sticking to that decision regardless of what he sees on the field on game day. The idea of not playing freshmen for fear that they won't manage the game well and turn it over is kinda irrelevant at this point. The upperclassman can't manage the game and is a turnover machine. You know what you have with Worley on game day. You don't know what the freshmen can do. Play them for fizzle's sake. It can't be any worse. Also, use some of that recruiting prowess and go get a QB. Clearly Tennessee needs one.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:18 EDT »

How do you know how the team feels? 

I'm just that good. Also, I have eyes and I'm watching the game.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:41 EDT »

No one thought Peterman was worth a damn. Jones played him because he already knows Worley will not get it done. That, and it seems he's decided that these freshmen will not be playing if there is anyway he can help it. From my perspective, he seems to be pretty stubbornly sticking to that decision regardless of what he sees on the field on game day. The idea of not playing freshmen for fear that they won't manage the game well and turn it over is kinda irrelevant at this point. The upperclassman can't manage the game and is a turnover machine. You know what you have with Worley on game day. You don't know what the freshmen can do. Play them for fizzle's sake. It can't be any worse. Also, use some of that recruiting prowess and go get a QB. Clearly Tennessee needs one.

Lots of folks said that about Peterman too.  I wouldn't be so sure.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 09:10:10 EDT »

Lots of folks said that about Peterman too.  I wouldn't be so sure.

Again, no one really thought Peterman was any good. Everyone really wants to see these freshmen that keep garnering praise out of practice reports. Nothing from spring/summer/fall suggested that Peterman could do anything. You know that as well as I do. Peterman was played just to try something because Worley has been proven to be ineffective. Playing Peterman was not a good idea, and it just seems like he only played because Jones is devout about not playing the freshmen this year.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:11:57 EDT »

At this point I would like to see them play and see what happens. We aren't going to win another game after this anyway with Worley. Lets just see how bad they are.

This is the worst offensive play and QB play I can remember.  We do not looked well coached because it is not just one aspect messing up. O-line is not living up to their billing, wr's don't block or run good routes it seems, rb's are average at best and qb play has been awful. I know our talent is limited but we should not be this bad.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 09:13:08 EDT »

Jones is devout about not playing the freshmen this year.

I agree that it seems that way, but there may very well be a good reason for this. It's hard to know if he's trying to protect them or redshirt them, or if he simply doesn't think their play will make us any better. We don't know what because we aren't at practice every day.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 09:14:53 EDT »

Again, no one really thought Peterman was any good. Everyone really wants to see these freshmen that keep garnering praise out of practice reports. Nothing from spring/summer/fall suggested that Peterman could do anything. You know that as well as I do. Peterman was played just to try something because Worley has been proven to be ineffective. Playing Peterman was not a good idea, and it just seems like he only played because Jones is devout about not playing the freshmen this year.

Oh please.  That's a cop out.  Many (most) people thought Peterman might start the first game before Worley was named the starter.  You are using hindsight to justify your position.  Not buying it.  That said, I would like to see one of the freshman play, although not necessarily today, simply because a backup QB with playing experience is needed. 
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 09:18:59 EDT »

Oh please.  That's a cop out.  Many (most) people thought Peterman might start the first game before Worley was named the starter.  You are using hindsight to justify your position.  Not buying it.  That said, I would like to see one of the freshman play, although not necessarily today, simply because a backup QB with playing experience is needed. 

Can't be anymore straight forward than this; that is absolute bovine excrement. All of the talk has been about the freshmen, all of it. You deny that and you are flat out wrong, and that's the end of it.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:08 EDT »

Can't be anymore straight forward than this; that is absolute bovine excrement. All of the talk has been about the freshmen, all of it. You deny that and you are flat out wrong, and that's the end of it.

All of the talk from fans? Media? Do you know how much of practice they are allowed to see?

I want to see one of the freshmen too. But if you think Butch doesn't want to win as much as we do and would play the freshmen if he thought that would do it, you're out of your mind IMO.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:14 EDT »

LOL.  You're out of your mind.  Jones recruited Peterman at Cincinnati, so he was thought to be a fit for the offense and he was 2nd string and competing to start.  You're just revising history now.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 09:23:32 EDT »

No one thought Peterman was worth a damn. Jones played him because he already knows Worley will not get it done. That, and it seems he's decided that these freshmen will not be playing if there is anyway he can help it. From my perspective, he seems to be pretty stubbornly sticking to that decision regardless of what he sees on the field on game day. The idea of not playing freshmen for fear that they won't manage the game well and turn it over is kinda irrelevant at this point. The upperclassman can't manage the game and is a turnover machine. You know what you have with Worley on game day. You don't know what the freshmen can do. Play them for fizzle's sake. It can't be any worse. Also, use some of that recruiting rrprowess and go get a QB. Clearly Tennessee needs one.
Its an odd sitch where the game was almost put away and now is not.  Butch is not being stubborn thats ridiculous.  He is just trying to win THIS GAME.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 09:24:35 EDT »

Well, I wanted to see Peterman, just because we had evidence Worley could not get it done. I had no idea he would be that bad or even how he would play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: