VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 03:27:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More on the fumble play  (Read 3523 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2019, 04:17:23 EDT »

Don't know how to embed Twitter

https://twitter.com/JesseReSimonton/status/1185791353378226176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1185791353378226176&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231185791353378226176

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 04:31:32 EDT »

Of course a play was called....I knew by the blocking and Trey pulling where the play should have gone. JG should never see the field again.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 04:37:15 EDT »

Couple Trey and Brandon's answer with Pruitt's greeting of JG as he came off the field, it's very clear who was at fault.

Pruitt cooled off somewhat by the post game presser and took the high road rather than throw JG under the bus.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 04:50:22 EDT »

Pruitt's comments:

There was some miscommunication out there. That's our fault. It's nobody's fault. Coaches' fault. Starting with me.

We elected to run a sneak and we shouldn't have tried to put it over the top

Putting those comments together with what Trey and Brandon said, JG likely changed the play at the line and then effed up the sneak, and not all the team heard the change.

Just a guess, but about as good a guess as one can get

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 05:44:16 EDT »

What a cluster fark.

Our best chance to beat Bama since Kiffin wouldn't get more yardage before trying a FG that was blocked gets screwed up because either a play call was miscommunicated or one guy decided to go it alone? That describes our situation to a T. No pun intended.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 02:58:03 EDT by droner » Logged
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 09:06:52 EDT »

You misspelled the Subject line:  "Moron's fumble play"

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:19:15 EDT »

You misspelled the Subject line:  "Moron's fumble play"

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 11:44:34 EDT »

This makes me nauseous. 

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Jeremy-Pruitt-Jarrett-Guarantano-fumble-Tennessee-Volunteers-football-Jordan-Rodgers-rogue-137315791/?fbclid=IwAR3YUY2DWS8WEAqVQQrvxirK_vtnlK5RPU1vo9-TriPvnxpxbdpeRcOVTJk

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 12:24:21 EDT »

Trying to be a hero. He has done everything  right his whole life EXCEPT be a good football player. Sad for us fans. He could & should do well in life. He made it this far. Thanks Botch!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 12:52:53 EDT »

Okay I'm confused now.  After methodically looking at all the evidence  , I have bought into the party line that Jarett went rogue, there just really doesn't seem to be any other way to explain it.  So the artcle reaffirms that via Jordan Rogers.  But then there is this quote from CJP:

“We’re close down there on the goal line, right, so you’ve got an opportunity to run the sneak or give the ball there to Q (Quavaris Crouch) again,” Pruitt said after the loss. “There was some miscommunication out there, and that’s our fault. It’s nobody’s fault. It’s the coaches’ fault, starting with me. There’s no reason to hurry up. The ball’s this far from the end line.

“We ran two quarterback sneaks earlier in the game by pushing the pile, and our guys, they pointed the front a little bit right there. Talking about it there on the sideline, we could either go back with it (on a handoff) or run a sneak, and we elected to run a sneak and shouldn’t have jumped over the the top, should have pushed it there in the middle.”

So that last paragraph seems to be saying they called a sneak, which clearly didn't happen.     And yeah, he "doesn't want to throw JG under the bus", but this seems to go beyond that.  I guess by saying "we elected to run a sneak" he means JG did, right?  Wish he had been a bit less weasely in how he said it.  Anyway, that horse is long dead, moving on (but wish Pruitt had not clouded the waters).

Anyway, I'm at least glad he said it was a mistake to hurry up.  With that I completely agree.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 01:21:19 EDT »

Talked to a players Dad this afternoon.....10 players knew what the play was and 1 player didn't run the called play.

THE END
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:31:57 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 03:54:04 EDT »

Bandit, end it, Guarantano pulled a dick move. It's obvious

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 04:07:48 EDT »

Bandit, end it, Guarantano pulled a dick move. It's obvious

I ended it above about five posts up.  But maybe someone else can post and keep it going.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 04:08:38 EDT »

I ended it above about five posts up.  But maybe someone else can post and keep it going.   

In the other thread, not this one.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 06:07:16 EDT »

In the other thread, not this one.

AND ANOTHER THING.......

Jk. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 10:36:28 EDT »

AND ANOTHER THING.......