VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 04:16:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In terms of postseason implications…  (Read 402 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2022, 11:44:28 EDT »

…I think the UK game is the most important left on our schedule. I think a one loss UT (assuming that loss is to UGA or bammer in Atlanta) would stand a pretty good chance of making the playoffs regardless. We would definitely have a better resume than any OOC one loss team, and probably even an undefeated Clemson or TCU. But lose to UK, and we probably have to run the table from there just to have a chance, and I don’t see that happening.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 12:11:54 EDT »

…I think the UK game is the most important left on our schedule. I think a one loss UT (assuming that loss is to UGA or bammer in Atlanta) would stand a pretty good chance of making the playoffs regardless. We would definitely have a better resume than any OOC one loss team, and probably even an undefeated Clemson or TCU. But lose to UK, and we probably have to run the table from there just to have a chance, and I don’t see that happening.

So what you're really saying is you don't think UT will beat UGA  and I agree. Even though it has been lopsided since 2017 we've surprised them a few times. If we are hitting deep balls, we can beat anybody imo. The flipside is our D certainly appears capable of getting us beat by really good teams, and some lesser teams. I never expected 13-0 in 98, and don't this year either. But it sure would be nice. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 12:19:23 EDT »

So what you're really saying is you don't think UT will beat UGA  and I agree. Even though it has been lopsided since 2017 we've surprised them a few times. If we are hitting deep balls, we can beat anybody imo. The flipside is our D certainly appears capable of getting us beat by really good teams, and some lesser teams. I never expected 13-0 in 98, and don't this year either. But it sure would be nice. 

I actually think we have a decent shot to beat them. But beating UGA and winning a rematch with bammer (in Atlanta, where they never lose)? That’s a pretty tall order.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 03:24:29 EDT »

I actually think we have a decent shot to beat them. But beating UGA and winning a rematch with bammer (in Atlanta, where they never lose)? That’s a pretty tall order.

Maybe Bryce takes a hit from Auburn or LSU and is out.  Then we get to hear bammer whining bout that all year, in place of the "WR whine"   

But I think we can beat them with him.  We did go up 28-10 and let them back in it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: