VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:30:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC3 announcement trailer  (Read 3175 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:21:42 EST »

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/index.aspx

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:00 EST »

I've been watching the IGN live stream, and they've revealed a few details.  Apparently, your character is half English, half Native American.  The game will cover a 30 year period between 1753-1783 (which would put the beginning around the time of the French-Indian war).  Several historical figures will appear, including Ben Franklin, who will play the role that Da Vinci played in the previous games.  This could be their first historical error, as Franklin spent most of the War years in Paris. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:18 EST »

Was just reading up about the latest developments...  sounds fittingly epic:

"Ubisoft confirmed that the game will be released on October 31, 2012, and will launch on Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U. Ubisoft described the game as the largest project in the company's history, and that it has been in the works for over three years with twice the production capacity of any previous title from the publisher.[1]"
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:41:31 EST »

Am I the only one that gets a bit of a RDR vibe when watching the footage of gameplay on an American landscape, with the snowy woods and all?  That's the first thing that came to mind to me, and certainly not a bad thing.

Oct 31 can't get here soon enough.  So many possibilities.  They could even have your assassin stowing away on a boat back to England to wreak some havoc there.

Another thing that came to mind... while I assume gameplay will go back and forth between cities and frontier... it will be interesting how they do the leaps of faith as well as climbing.  Can you imagine doing a leap of faith off of a cliff?   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:43:30 EST »

Am I the only one that gets a bit of a RDR vibe when watching the footage of gameplay on an American landscape, with the snowy woods and all?  That's the first thing that came to mind to me, and certainly not a bad thing.

Oct 31 can't get here soon enough.  So many possibilities.  They could even have your assassin stowing away on a boat back to England to wreak some havoc there.

Another thing that came to mind... while I assume gameplay will go back and forth between cities and frontier... it will be interesting how they do the leaps of faith as well as climbing.  Can you imagine doing a leap of faith off of a cliff?   

Free running through the trees... Oh my.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:08 EST »

Here I come to throw a wet blanket over things.

First of all, Washington (assuming that's him) and his army were not in upstate NY in 1777, they were in PA and NJ for the most part.  Second, there were no large scale battles in dead of winter, as is depicted in this trailer.  There were a few small to medium skirmishes (the most notable being Trenton, and that was against the Hessians, not the Redcoats), but for the most part both sides would set camp and stay there for the winter (see Valley Forge) and resume hostilities when the weather would permit. 

This in no way dampens my enthusiasm for the game.  But as I said before- if they're going to take on a piece of history as widely read as the American Revolution, they'd better be prepared to have their work picked apart. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:55 EST »

Here I come to throw a wet blanket over things.

First of all, Washington (assuming that's him) and his army were not in upstate NY in 1777, they were in PA and NJ for the most part.  Second, there were no large scale battles in dead of winter, as is depicted in this trailer.  There were a few small to medium skirmishes (the most notable being Trenton, and that was against the Hessians, not the Redcoats), but for the most part both sides would set camp and stay there for the winter (see Valley Forge) and resume hostilities when the weather would permit. 

This in no way dampens my enthusiasm for the game.  But as I said before- if they're going to take on a piece of history as widely read as the American Revolution, they'd better be prepared to have their work picked apart.

Like I said last week, they are going to fictionalize the hell out of it. I'm reasonably sure that all four prior games are chock full of historical inaccuracies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:02 EST »

The creative director of AC3 says that they pretty much tore the fight engine down and started from scratch. And his comments about the forestry as a setting mirror what I was thinking. 10 minute interview but worth watching for fans of the franchise.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/05/meet-the-new-creative-director-for-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: