VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:30:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is not acceptable........  (Read 2688 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2021, 05:57:00 EDT »

.....even if the call was wrong. And I don't think it was.

This is the worst of human behavior and is not justifiable.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 06:16:19 EDT »

Preach

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 06:17:38 EDT »

I completely agree.  I told my friends watching the game with me that they should have called the game.  If the roles had been reversed, that's what we would have all been saying.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 06:20:31 EDT »

Even if the call was right (and it wasn’t) it wasn’t about one call. It was about an entire night of bad calls that legitimately played a role in the outcome of the game. If you change just the scoop and score that was overturned by the officials on an absolutely horrible call, Tennessee wins the game.

I’m not condoning the behavior but let’s not pretend that’s the first time something like that has happened in the sports world. It happens fairly commonly when a bunch of drunk fans feel they’ve been cheated and this has been building because of years of corrupt officiating in the SEC.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 06:21:33 EDT »

And it wasn't just one or two ignoramuses. There was a bunch of stuff thrown.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 06:24:30 EDT »

Even if the call was right (and it wasn’t) it wasn’t about one call. It was about an entire night of bad calls that legitimately played a role in the outcome of the game. If you change just the scoop and score that was overturned by the officials on an absolutely horrible call, Tennessee wins the game.

I’m not condoning the behavior but let’s not pretend that’s the first time something like that has happened in the sports world. It happens fairly commonly when a bunch of drunk fans feel they’ve been cheated and this has been building because of years of corrupt officiating in the SEC.

No amount of bad officiating justifies this behavior. It isn't life or death. And the key word in your post might have been: "drunk". I've never thought that alcohol sales at college sporting events was a good idea.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:26:03 EDT »

No amount of bad officiating justifies this behavior. It isn't life or death. And the key word in your post might have been: "drunk". I've never thought that alcohol sales at college sporting events was a good idea.
I agree with this completely.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 06:31:53 EDT »

x100

Embarrassing showing of their arses by some of our fans.  Now we are going to have to listen to it repeatedly the whole weekend, probably into the week and maybe into the season. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 06:35:01 EDT »

x100

Embarrassing showing of their arses by some of our fans.  Now we are going to have to listen to it repeatedly the whole weekend, probably into the week and maybe into the season. 

Exactly.  This will be the story line instead of the effort by the team. People are idiots.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 06:35:58 EDT »

Called back scoop 7 that was a fake intended call by OM that faked out the refs that cost us 7.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 06:42:46 EDT »

Now we are going to have to listen to it repeatedly the whole weekend, probably into the week and maybe into the season. 
Regretful, but the ridicule is warranted.  No excuse for it.  None.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 06:51:26 EDT »

Called back scoop 7 that was a fake intended call by OM that faked out the refs that cost us 7.

Pretty sure that's when we scored our first TD. If so, it didn't cost us anything.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 06:56:21 EDT »

Regretful, but the ridicule is warranted.  No excuse for it.  None.

You're barking up the wrong tree.  You may be thinking of memes posted on twitter or whatever. I am saying that SECN, ESPN, etc on the MSM are going endlessly pontificate on how UT fans endangered players, coaches, and even their cheerleaders.

Of course it's deserved!  What in my post would possibly suggest it's not?

I'm saying this is the price we have to pay for a bunch of drunk morons showing their arses. In short, I am very pissed that my University and by definition any Vol fan including me has to be associated with the ridiculous show they put on.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 07:02:59 EDT »

Pretty sure that's when we scored our first TD. If so, it didn't cost us anything.

I realize you enjoy trying to justify any call made against UT but no that is incorrect.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 07:03:29 EDT »

You're barking up the wrong tree.  You may be thinking of memes posted on twitter or whatever. I am saying that SECN, ESPN, etc on the MSM are going endlessly pontificate on how UT fans endangered players, coaches, and even their cheerleaders.

Of course it's deserved!  What in my post would possibly suggest it's not?

I'm saying this is the price we have to pay for a bunch of drunk morons showing their arses. In short, I am very pissed that my University and by definition any Vol fan including me has to be associated with the ridiculous show they put on.
Barking up the wrong tree?  Why did you get triggered?  I wasn't attacking you or your post in any way - in fact I was agreeing with it.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 07:07:22 EDT »

I realize you enjoy trying to justify any call made against UT but no that is incorrect.

You sure? I thought we drove ~45 yards for six. Admittedly that was several days ago.

Unclear what the first part of your comment refers to.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:09:14 EDT by murfvol » Logged

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 07:09:33 EDT »

I'm fairly certain that our first TD came on the drive after the free kick after the safety.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 07:12:21 EDT »

Barking up the wrong tree?  Why did you get triggered?  I wasn't attacking you or your post in any way - in fact I was agreeing with it.

Oh okay.  The way it was worded I thought you were implying I didn't think the negative attention was deserved.  I wasn't angry just wanted to clarify what I meant (which obviously didn't need to)

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 07:14:28 EDT »

I'm fairly certain that our first TD came on the drive after the free kick after the safety.

Ahhh, I totally did not remember that. Senility is real.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 07:21:17 EDT »

Oh okay.  The way it was worded I thought you were implying I didn't think the negative attention was deserved.  I wasn't angry just wanted to clarify what I meant (which obviously didn't need to)
Its all good.  Messages sometimes come across very differently than the way they were intended.  I certainly didn't want you to think I was being disrespectful.
Creek Walker
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 10:10:12 EDT »

I don't like alcohol sales at the games, either. In fact there's a whole lot I could say about that, but that's another topic for another day.

However, while chucking items on the field is certainly unjustifiable, let's also stop pretending that it was representative of the entire crowd inside the stadium. Out of 100k+ people, you had a few dozen students throwing stuff onto the field. I expect ESPN and our rivals to over-react, but I've seen a lot of over-reaction from UT fans tonight, as well. It's okay to call it what it is -- which is completely unnecessary -- without some of the pearl-clutching that we're seeing from some parts of the fan base.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 01:11:47 EDT »

I'm embarrassed that the kids thinking about coming to the school had to witness it. What kid with any character would not think twice about attending UT after that display? It needs to be fixed.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 02:02:53 EDT »

I don't like alcohol sales at the games, either. In fact there's a whole lot I could say about that, but that's another topic for another day.

However, while chucking items on the field is certainly unjustifiable, let's also stop pretending that it was representative of the entire crowd inside the stadium. Out of 100k+ people, you had a few dozen students throwing stuff onto the field. I expect ESPN and our rivals to over-react, but I've seen a lot of over-reaction from UT fans tonight, as well. It's okay to call it what it is -- which is completely unnecessary -- without some of the pearl-clutching that we're seeing from some parts of the fan base.
I've spoken to three friends who were in attendance.  All three friends say that this was not just a student issue.  One of them went so far as to say that he witnessed, just in the area of the stadium where he was seated, dozens and dozens of fans (of various ages) throwing items toward the field.  I think that to try and minimize the ridiculousness of this by claiming that it was simply a few dozen students trivializes the absurdity of what we witnessed last night.
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 03:21:19 EDT »

Corrupt officiating? You don’t know that.
Creek Walker
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 05:49:35 EDT »

I've spoken to three friends who were in attendance.  All three friends say that this was not just a student issue.  One of them went so far as to say that he witnessed, just in the area of the stadium where he was seated, dozens and dozens of fans (of various ages) throwing items toward the field.  I think that to try and minimize the ridiculousness of this by claiming that it was simply a few dozen students trivializes the absurdity of what we witnessed last night.

95% of the stuff being thrown was coming from the student section. There was very little coming from the upper deck or from other parts of the field. Some? Definitely. Not a lot. Matter of fact, from my section I didn't see a single thing hurled towards the field.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: