VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 11:39:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of you have asked about my nephew, update  (Read 1927 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:11:34 EST »

Since some of you have asked me to let you know when there was update about my nephew, her it is.
  For those of you who don't know. About a month ago, my nephew, who is 22, was riding his motorcycle on Hwy 72 in Athens, AL. As he passed an SUV he looked over and saw a guy pointing a pistol at him and the guy shot him twice. The guy was mad at his father for sending him to technical school and just decided to go kill some people. My nephew was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He wound up with one bullet in his back lodged next to his spine, and another that went in his tricep and exited his bicep. He's alive but has suffered extensively because of this.
  He had the bullet next to his spine removed last week, and other than some pretty intense pain for a while, all went well. The doctors don't believe he will have any permanent paralysis. Thank the Lord!
  He also had another operation on his right arm. The neurolgists grafted in nerve tissue to replace the nerve that was blown to pieces by the bullet that hit his arm. The doctors also repaired a tendon that was severed by the same bullet. He is able to move his fingers but not his wrist and hand. The dotors said that when he recovers from the operation he should once again have the use of his hand, etc. Again we are all so thankful....could have been much, much worse.       
  The doctors have also said that, in their opinion, all of his surgeries were successful. Time will tell I guess, but we are all feeling very positive. Thank you for asking about him, and thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. Btw, the shooter remains in jail with no bond. He said at his hearing that if he were released, he would try and kill someone else. The trial is upcoming but should be open and shut.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:17 EST »

Wow! if I had known it before I have forgotten it. Regardless though I am glad he seems to be recovering well and pray it continues. 
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:20:46 EST »

Thanks for the update. Prayers will continue for him. It's good to know that he is on the mend, even though the PT must be a Booger-bear!
 Glad to know that the low-life is in jail and I hope he stays there forever.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:32:13 EST »

Good to hear he is doing better, and I hope the animal that did this goes behind bars a long time.  Maybe he will like the prison tech school a bit better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Quasi EVol
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:15:10 EST »

Good to hear he is doing better, and I hope the animal that did this goes behind bars a long time.  Maybe he will like the prison tech school a bit better.

Hope he needs a pair of kneepads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: