VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 05:26:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Drill!  (Read 3523 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:45:51 EDT »

Well executed

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BlueRidgeVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:26:03 EDT »

nm
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 02:35:15 EDT »

On that note - just wanted to say how impressed I've always been with The Pride of the Southland Band - UT's band rocks IMO.  My son plays in our high school marching band, and they've been working incredibly hard since camp in July.  Our high school band is comprised of 240 kids, which is a relatively large number for a high school band.  We have awesome directors and they've put together an intricate show this year.  From that standpoint, I can appreciate the performance of UT's band - I'm sure that takes an incredible amount of work to pull that off - always been impressed with the circle drill.  Very classy IMO that you guys played our fight song before the game too BTW.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:23 EDT »

Well executed

For a little bit I thought you were going to say the old joke about the Polish firing squad

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:51 EDT »

On that note - just wanted to say how impressed I've always been with The Pride of the Southland Band - UT's band rocks IMO.  My son plays in our high school marching band, and they've been working incredibly hard since camp in July.  Our high school band is comprised of 240 kids, which is a relatively large number for a high school band.  We have awesome directors and they've put together an intricate show this year.  From that standpoint, I can appreciate the performance of UT's band - I'm sure that takes an incredible amount of work to pull that off - always been impressed with the circle drill.  Very classy IMO that you guys played our fight song before the game too BTW.
IMO the Pride is not as good as they used to be but they still can execute the circle drill.  I just wish they would update it as this is the same drill they have run for at least 4 years.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 04:37:33 EDT »

They did have one new formation in this year's circle drill than in previous years.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 04:50:38 EDT »

The POTSMB plays everyone's fight song and frankly I hate it.

I don't think we should be overly rude to opposing fans but to give them an excuse to chant and cheer in pregame is unnecessary.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:08:53 EDT »

The POTSMB plays everyone's fight song and frankly I hate it.

I don't think we should be overly rude to opposing fans but to give them an excuse to chant and cheer in pregame is unnecessary.

Yes, but it also has to be embarrassing for the visiting bands to hear their fight song played-- right at them-- better than they play it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 06:11:58 EDT »

LOL - well, I see it more of as a classy salute to those playing to UT - that the band took the time to work on another's fight song is something kinda unique.  I thought it was cool anyway ... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: