VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:09:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do any satellite tv providers carry AMC now? nt  (Read 2982 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:15 EDT »

nt
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:34 EDT »

Direct does. 

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:04 EDT »

I like dish better but I have to have AMC.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:51 EDT »

I have a feeling that when AMC wins about a thousand Emmys in a few weeks, Dish customers will really ratchet up the pressure to reach a deal with them.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:17 EDT »

Interestingly, Dish blames AMC; says AMC is just greedy . . . yet AMC is streaming its most popular shows free on its website. (At least that was the case with the season premieres. I assume [hope] that's gonna be the case with the rest of the season.) Dish may be truly looking out for its customers on this one, but they have definitely come off looking like a horse's patoote. And I still say that Dish's AMC fans would be more than happy to pay the extra $0.50/month AMC demanded, while the non-AMC fans wouldn't even notice such a small increase in price.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 04:36:03 EDT »

I wonder how many customers like myself they may miss out on because they don't have it?
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 05:32:49 EDT »

I wonder how many customers like myself they may miss out on because they don't have it?

Obviously they're banking on this hurting AMC much more than it hurts them...and obviously they're probably going to be correct.

But it would be nice to see enough Dish customers tell them to stick it that they're forced to cave to the pressure. I've been very adamant about giving Dish the boot when my contract expires in January but I'm having to question whether it's worth it. As much as I dislike Dish, I can't really justify paying the extra monthly subscription fees to switch to DirecTV. $30/mo. extra is a little much for me.

On a different note, I wonder what this little dispute will mean for AMC's future if there is no deal worked out with Dish? I read somewhere that the dispute was over AMC wanting to increase its fee from $0.25 per subscriber per month to $0.75 per subscriber per month. Dish has 14 million subscribers. Unless I suck at basic math (I do actually, but anyway...), that's $3.5 million per month in revenue that AMC has lost. They're producing a ton of original programming these days and have employed a pretty good team of producers, writers, actors, etc., which eats up a lot of operating capital. I wonder if their productions going forward are going to start to suffer because of that loss of revenue?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:55:38 EDT »

Direct blamed Viacom in their most recent dispute where they lost Spike, Comedy Central, Nick, etc... and Direct won.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: